Lafarge Africa Plc was incorporated on 24th February, 1959 and listed as a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Exchange on 17th February, 1979. We are a member of the Holcim Group – the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Lafarge serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. Start a new career journey today with Lafarge Africa Plc.
Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Manager, Ewekoro
Requisition ID: 1265
Location: Opebi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role is responsible for managing inventory processes and ensure smoothe running of operations, with minimal disruptions.
- Warehouse installations, storage, organization, safety: Determine and plan the necessary inspection of installations, buildings, warehouse furniture and equipment to assure an adequate area for goods storage. Assure that items are adequately protected to guaranty long lifetime and stored in a clean, accessible, well organized and identified place. Apply safety measures to avoid incidents of personnel and equipment
- Coding and description of articles: Generation of the right article identification based on the corporate equipment and spares coding system, local language description and original equipment manufacturer language description for purchasing purposes
- Definition of amount of articles strategy and inventory, critical spares: Define together with the good owner the right min and max stock, and the purchasing strategy. Keep always available and updated the information of critical spares
- Reception and delivery of goods: Assure the inspection of all goods and coordinate the inspection with the good owner case needed, clear identification, coding and transporting to the right place in the warehouse. Looks for a fast delivery as well as for a strong support on preparation of all goods needed for a shut-down or major repair in the right place at the right time
- Ensure adequate compromise between the Material Availability, its impact on Plant Operation and on Optimum Stock Level, meaning lowest sustainable Net Working Capital, at plant / OpCo / Region level.
- The main function of Material Requirements Planning is to supervise stocks to ensure material availability, that is, to procure the requirement quantities for inhouse activities. Purchasing proposals are automatically created in SAP for the Purchasing and Manufacturing departments. This target is achieved by using various materials planning methods which each cover different procedures.
Management – Planning & Cost Control:
- Inventory control and reporting, planning: Plan and execute inventory audits (on quantity and cost) with frequency according to materials criticality inform his superior and make related adjustments, investigate reasons of differences and take actions/make suggestions to avoid repetitive errors. Plan and follow-up request & purchasing process to assure the 2 on time availability of the equipment, tools, spares, materials according pre-defined Stock Classification. Supports actively the major shut-downs and major repairs. Inform on weekly basis goods not used as scheduled.
- Develop and motivate the team, ensuring competencies and skills development according to technical innovations, plant or personal needs. Coach the warehouse team on specific warehouse knowledge and technics.
H&S and Environment:
- Guarantee compliance with H&S, environment, local and corporate legal policies
- Contribute to NWC optimization by identifying critical parts (based on risk assessment and implementation of preventive maintenance routines on critical equipment) and establishing optimal stock levels of spare part
Innovation and continuous improvement:
- Consider new techniques and/or technologies to optimize warehouse cost and improve the condition and logistic of goods
Also Apply for Airtel Nigeria Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
- Warehouse installations/buildings, the equipment, storage, organization, safety of goods and personnel
- Coding and description of articles
- Definition of amount of articles strategy and inventory, critical spares strategy
- Inventory (value and articles) control and reporting, material requirement planning
- Reception and delivery of goods
- Department skill matrix and people development
List of Direct Reports:
- Warehouse Operative (Physical Store, Bags, Fuel and Explosive)
- Warehouse Clerk Goods issues (Maintenance Spares, Consumables & VMI)
- Warehouse Clerk Goods receiving Bags Explosive, Iron Ore, Fuel, MTCE Spares and consumable
- Warehouse Clerk (Items Requisition) Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- The incumbent interacts regularly with all cadres of staff.
- He/she also interacts regularly with end users
- All other departments
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Spare parts inventory value
- Inventory adjustments (value)
- Cost of carrying inventory
- Inventory accuracy
- Goods not delivered
- Inventory Turnover
- Inventory Rotation.
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering or Business management
- Not less than 3 year experience in similar role
- Knowledge of ERP (SAP)
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
- Microsoft Office, SAP MM
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, powerpoint and google applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- SAP Material Management Module.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
Leadership and Managerial abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team
- Organization, problem solving, good communication.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for Zojatech Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you