U.S. Consulate General recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This U.S. Consulate General job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
U.S. Mission to Nigeria consist of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Join U.S. Consulate General careers team today, and be part of our success story.
U.S. Consulate General Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Voucher Examiner – All Interested Candidates (Voucher Examiner / Payroll Liaison)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-054
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series/Grade: LE – 0420 7
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Appointment Type: Permanent
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Start Date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- This position is located in the Financial Management Center (FMC) and acts as the principal Payroll Liaison and a Voucher Examiner for the U.S. Mission in Nigeria.
- The incumbent coordinates the Mission payroll activities for State Department and other agencies employees with the Financial Service Center in Charleston.
- The position also reviews and processes all types of vouchers submitted for payment from State Department and more than 13 other agencies, e.g. Foreign Agricultural Service, Foreign Commercial Service, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement, Health & Human Services, USAID, various military agencies, etc.
Requirements, Qualifications and Evaluations
- At least two (2) years of University Studies is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of financial experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of regulations governing voucher examination and sensitive payroll information is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
Also see: Nokia Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with little guidance, good attention to details, ability to work under pressure, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to analyze and resolve issues, excellent customer service skills, ability to effectively utilize computer and financial software is required.
- Moderate keyboard/typing skills with good working speed and accuracy is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and in a vast array of proprietary software is required to maintain post databases and execute daily job functions.
- Must possess an eye for compliance and audit functions, with ability to quickly assess and adjudicate whether supporting documentation is valid.
- Strong quantitative and numerical skills required for the job are essential for ensuring the accuracy of voucher calculations and time and attendance reports.
- NGN 6,455,212 (USD 38,894) Annually.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Hiring Preference Selection Process
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- University Transcripts
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.