Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria being among the first financial institution in Nigeria, re-entered the country in 1999 and opened to customers on 15 September 1999 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank Plc, headquartered in United Kingdom. We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. Today, the Bank offers a wide range of products and services in Retail; Wealth Management; Commercial; Corporate and Institutional; Private, Digital and Transaction Banking business. Standard Chartered employs over 900 staff and sees Nigeria as a growth centre. Join standard chartered bank Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Universal Banker
Job ID: 2200024729
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job: Commercial Banking
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Also Apply for: Dangote Group Recruitment (24 Positions)
The Role Responsibilities
Branch Operations & Support:
- Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
- Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
- Cash transactions
- Funds transfers
- Customer inquiries
- Cheque collection/Issuing of Banker’s cheque
- Processing of Local and Telegraphic transfers
- ATM Custodianship
- Vault Custodianship
- Accounts maintenance – Limits set ups, Static Data requests, Additional Account Opening
- Balance confirmation
- Customer Complaint handling
- Generate Statements of Accounts
- Maintenance of Stock of Secured Stationeries
- Issuance of Instapack Card
- Internal & external reports
- Adherence to till limit of N100k and floor limit of N2m
- Other assigned duties
- Assist BOSM to ensure all Operational, Compliance, Control procedure and guideline are properly carried out and adhered to.
- Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time
- To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
Also Apply for: PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc Recruitment (11 Positions)
- Build up good relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Make effort to improve personal product knowledge and to acquire multi-products processing skill.
- Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
- Understand and carefully follow the Bank’s operational risk control standard underlying operating process and ensure the risks are minimized.
- Act as System admin and have access to the server room
- Ensure timeliness of managing customer’s complaint.
- Migrate customers to the remote channels through online activation, E-Statements and ATM usage
- Manage, handle and record customers complaints.
- Oversight of queue management and Banking Hall look and feel
- Oversight of marketing collateral and positioning
- Deliver communication on Product and channels to customers in an effective manner.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Refer bank products/channels to existing clients.
- Evaluate customers’ needs and provide high level, accurate, information and advice on products and channels.
- Support acquisition and growth of customer base through referrals.
Operational Risk Monitoring:
- Ensures all Branch transactions comply with internal and external policy and regulations
- Outward clearing processing and control
- Custodian of the following Banking instruments: Cards, Cheque books, Tokens, Frontline registers
- Recommend Processes and service improvements, based on customers feedback and observations, to the Head Client Experience at the quarterly VOF Forum
Also Apply for: Havana Specialist Hospital Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling, and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to: “Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
Operational Risk Policy:
- Ensure completion of all Leading Key Risk Indicators/ KRI’s / CST issues relating to the branch.
- Ensure understanding of the Group’s Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for branch sales and service-related risk. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Also Apply for: WTS Energy Recruitment (4 Positions)
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Nigeria / CPBB / Frontline Sales and Service team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CBN prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation. Where relevant – Additionally, for subsidiaries or relevant non -subsidiaries].
- Universal Banker
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of First Degree Certificate.
- NYSC certificate.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2022 at 11:59:00 PM.
Also Apply for: Salpha Energy Limited Recruitment (4 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online