Apply for the ongoing UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
Job Title: ICT Intern
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Mid Career
Procedures and Eligibility: Eligibility: To be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother, or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Submission of Applications:
- Interested external applicants need to apply online and complete the mandatory motivation letter. For technical issues with logging in to the MSRP External Portal, or with online applications, please contact the HR Unit well before the deadline to allow sufficient time for any technical problem to be resolved. External vacancies are posted on the external UNHCR website and applicants who do not have internal status must apply through the external UNHCR website. https://www.unhcr.org/careers.html – Careers – Career opportunities – Other Opportunities – Vacancies – sort by Location or search by Job Opening number.
– Applications will be accepted only via the online portals. Please do not send application via email.
– Not signed, incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and do a competency based oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
– The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted during the application. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
– The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity – UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants to apply. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms gender, disability, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- UNHCR has a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). SEA is unacceptable behaviour and prohibited conduct for UNHCR personnel. It constitutes acts of serious misconduct and is therefore grounds for disciplinary measures, including dismissal. Any concerns or suspicions about a possible case of SEA should be reported immediately to the Inspector General’s Office (IGO) at email@example.com or through the online complain form at https://www.unhcr.org/php/complaints.php or by confidential fax: +41 22 739 73 80.
– For any technical problems encountered during the online application, please send an email to the below email address titled —-Online VA Query-your name and surname—-. Human Resources Pretoria RSARBHR@UNHCR.ORG
Please also note that recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Duties and Qualifications: Duties: Under the direct supervision of the ICT Associate, in Regional Bureau for Southern Africa, the incumbent will execute the duties below:
- Assist the ICT unit at the Regional Bureau with the collection and compilation of information on ongoing ICT projects and initiatives in the region, and of staffing directories from the different country operations.
- Assist in maintaining the ICT equipment inventory up to date and in the management of the ICT equipment stores in the office and follow up with other countries to confirm they are up to date also from both inventory and write-off perspectives.
- Carry out level one troubleshooting of ICT problems reported by ICT users in the office and from the region, referring to the supervisor in case of inability to provide a solution – Carry out installation, moving, setup and configuration of ICT equipment in the office according to the established UNHCR standards and carry out minor maintenance tasks on ICT equipment in the office – Follow up on the —-Greening the blue—- initiative to develop a matrix of what is pending and cost the gaps – Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Qualifications: Education & Professional Work Experience
- Education in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or related field.
- Previous work experience in Information Communication Technology support would be desirable Language Requirements:
- Knowledge of English is required.
Food and Transportation Allowance: Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation and living expenses which is 10% of DSA (Daily Subsistence Allowance) for Pretoria per day up to a maximum of 30 days in a month payable in local currency.
Working Hours and Location: It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 8.00am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00am to 1:30 pm on Friday. See below for this postion’s Operational Context
The UNHCR Regional Bureau for Southern Africa is situated at Waterkloof House, 209 Waterkloof Road, Brooklyn, Pretoria. The office is co-located with the UNHCR South Africa Multi-Country Office and together the two offices comprise of about 160 users of Information Communication Technology (ICT) services. The ICT Intern will be working with the UNHCR ICT support team in providing support to the staff in the use of ICT tools put at their disposal for the execution of their duties. The support ranges from installation and configuration of ICT equipment to support in the use of UNHCR standard software applications. Effective support requires smooth interaction with the staff of the offices and a high level of self-organization.
Also see: Dimagi Job Recruitment – South Africa
The UNHCR Regional Bureau oversees activities in 8 countries in the region, including South Africa. The intern will support the ICT team in their oversight role over ICT services in the region through the collection and compilation of data on different ongoing ICT related projects and initiatives in the region.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you