Apply for the ongoing UNDP – United Nations Development Programme Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This UNDP – United Nations Development Programme job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience so countries can sustain progress. As the UN’s development agency, UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. UNDP’s mandate, strengths and strategic approach to SDG Finance brings several unique added values. These include: 1) UNDPs integrated approach to SDG financing in its holistic focus on public and private financing in a domestic and international context rooted in the SDGs. 2) The focus on linking planning and financing – UNDP has an established a niche supporting national planning processes with a focus on strengthening the link between planning functions and financing policies at the level of the SDGs overall is unique among international actors. 3) UNDP’s role as SDG integrator. UNDP’s SDG integration offer is composed of four areas, to which finance is one. UNDPs integrator is about promoting the whole-of-society in the SDG Financing dialogue and thus promoting key concepts of Economic Governance. 4) UNDP’s country presence: UNDPs added value is its country presence, which is complemented with the regional level work to capitalize on its good practices and lessons learned, while following a bottom up approach to influence regional and global Financing agendas. UNDP’s Africa Sustainable Finance Hub was created to deliver on UNDPs mandate and strategic approach for SDG financing in the Africa region and covers activities related to regional and country level support in financing the implementation of the National development priorities of African countries, aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, the Africa Union Agenda 2063 and the Paris Agreement.
Job Title: Intern-Privates Sector and Sustainable Investment
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Mid Career
Application Deadline : 27-May-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
The UNDP Africa Sustainable Finance Hub is seeking to establish a portfolio of advisory, and programmatic support to country offices. The Hub will provide a package of regional support and bring partners together with the aim to support countries in the Financing for their SDG Priorities. At country level, the Hub will aim at providing technical assistance support to relevant national (and sub-national) level stakeholders in their engagement with a range of other national and international actors to aggregate evidence-based analysis, to introduce policy and institutional reforms for strategies to finance national development plans, to catalyse private sector investment and share country knowledge and experiences. At Regional level, the hub will aim at fostering regional level dialogue on SDG related financing areas, including promoting the African vision in international economic governance Fora.
As a pool of finance and private sector experts in Africa, the Hub builds on and consolidates some of the initiatives being implemented since 2010 by the RSCA Private Sector Unit. These include the establishment of the African Inclusive Market Excellence Centre (AIMEC), inclusive business ecosystem building initiatives, impact investment, regional value chain development, agribusiness supplier development programme (ASDP), Public Private Dialogues on MSMEs and Informal Enterprises Access to Finance and Trade and Investment related to the AfCFTA. The ASFH is looking for an intern to provide administrative, technical and program implementation support to the private sector and sustainable investment team of the Hub.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review and edit concepts notes, knowledge products, presentations and briefs.
- Support the preparation and review of different COVID-19 Response service offers of the team.
- Prepare and participate in meetings (including virtual meetings), take minutes and perform other programme implementation support tasks as required.
Knowledge Management and Communication:
- Prepare relevant communications materials (brochure, newsletter, success stories etc.)
- Assist in the preparation, translation and dissemination of different Knowledge Products.
- Draft, design and website update and overhaul.
- Support organization of Webinars, Virtual Trainings and relevant materials preparation.
Research and Data Management
- Research private sector development and engagement topics and compile information on national and regional level projects.
- Undertake thematic research on related COVID 19 business models and finance strategies by the private sector or related public private partnerships especially in the area of digital transformation and green economy, digital finance solutions for MSMEs, Informal Enterprises and related to the AfCTA.
- Manage social media, files and online database of related documents in a structured way.
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- Good writing and researching skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills.
- Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively.
- Experience in website content management
- Computer proficiency: MS Office
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive / integrate feedback.
- Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners.
- Positive, self-motivated and results driven individual.
Required Skills and Experience
- Currently enrolled in (a) a graduate school programme as a full-time student in economics, development finance and related fields or(b) the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or (c) have graduated with a university degree as defined in above and, if selected must start the internship within one year of graduation
- Understanding of Private Sector Development and Engagement Concepts and Practices would be beneficial.
- Work experience considered as an asset especially in business development data driven management in e-commerce solutions
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you