Apply for the ongoing UNDP – United Nations Development Programme Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This UNDP – United Nations Development Programme job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience so countries can sustain progress. As the UN’s development agency, UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. UNDP’s mandate, strengths and strategic approach to SDG Finance brings several unique added values. These include:
1) UNDPs integrated approach to SDG financing in its holistic focus on public and private financing in a domestic and international context rooted in the SDGs.
2) The focus on linking planning and financing – UNDP has an established a niche supporting national planning processes with a focus on strengthening the link between planning functions and financing policies at the level of the SDGs overall is unique among international actors.
3) UNDP’s role as SDG integrator. UNDP’s SDG integration offer is composed of four areas, to which finance is one. UNDPs integrator is about promoting the whole-of-society in the SDG Financing dialogue and thus promoting key concepts of Economic Governance.
4) UNDP’s country presence: UNDPs added value is its country presence, which is complemented with the regional level work to capitalize on its good practices and lessons learned, while following a bottom up approach to influence regional and global Financing agendas. UNDP’s Africa Sustainable Finance Hub was created to deliver on UNDPs mandate and strategic approach for SDG financing in the Africa region and covers activities related to regional and country level support in financing the implementation of the National development priorities of African countries, aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, the Africa Union Agenda 2063 and the Paris Agreement.
Job Title: HR Associate
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Mid Career
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP in South Africa is an agile development partner of choice, that is working and co-creating with partners and communities to accelerate sustainable development. We focus our development interventions on three main programme areas: Governance & Peace Building, Environment & Climate Change, and Inclusive Development.
The programmatic area is supported by the Operations Unit that cover areas of Finance, IT, Human Resources, Procurement, General Administration and Common Services. In addition, the Operations Unit provides support to other agencies through Global and local Service Level Agreements.
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager the Human Resources Associate manages the overall country office responsibilities related with workforce management, from recruitment to separation processes.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, the HR Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services in CO. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The Human Resources Associate can supervise clerical and support staff of the HR Unit. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information exchange.
The Human Resources Associate will be under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager.
Also see: Dimagi Job Recruitment – South Africa
Key Duties and Accountabilities
1. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures, and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework;
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff;
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
2. Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job descriptions, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels;
- Create/Update of positions in ATLAS/UNall, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator, and Absence Processor in ATLAS. Preparation of contracts (SCs) and recurring PO’s for short term PSA’s in ATLAS. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues;
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits. Earning/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments, and separations through ATLAS/UNall;
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, recruitment strategies, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels for Interns and short-term PSAs;
- Timely follow up with GSSC Local Payroll staff on Global payroll issues;
- Compiling briefing kits for Fixed Term Appointment (FTA), Service Contract (SC) and Personnel Services Agreements (PSA – IPSA/NPSA) personnel and Interns;
- Proper discarding of unwanted HR documentation;
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table;
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff and Experts;
- Update of the CO security and warden system list to UNDSS;
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents including personnel files;
- Provision of information for cost-recovery bills in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table;
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the Local Staff;
- Validation of cost recovery charges in ATLAS for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
3. Ensure proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of TMRG;
- Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning Plan and individual learning plans in consultation with Senior Management and Learning Manager.
4. Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship, and place to place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organizations of trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Achieve Result: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work;
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking;
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning;
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process;
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously;
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
HR – People strategy and planning
- Job design
- Ability to design job roles to meet specific organizational objectives
HR – Talent acquisition
- Talent sourcing and outreach
- Knowledge and ability to develop and implement strategies, mechanisms, and platforms to ensure the effective outreach to the relevant segments of the labor market, active and passive candidates internally and externally.
HR – Recruitment
- Recruitment design and management
- Knowledge of, ability to design and manage end to end recruitment processes.
- Assessment and selection
- Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs.
HR – Learning and development
- Learning & Development planning
- Ability to identify organizational learning priorities aligned with the business strategy using key stakeholder involvement to ensure appropriate learning and optimal return-on-investment.
HR – Compensation/remuneration
- Payroll management
- Knowledge of and ability to apply mechanisms and tools to collect payroll data, process payroll, and manage payroll reports.
HR- Talent management
- Performance management
- Knowledge of and ability to guide the application of performance management theory, systems and tools, incl. articulation of expectations.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration is desirable.
- Minimum 7 years (Secondary Education) or 4 years (Bachelor’s Degree) of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc);
- Experience in handling web-based management/ERP systems;
- Experience with SOPs under Human Resources context;
- Prior experience with UNDP/UN agencies or other international organizations will be an asset;
- Strong experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you