Apply for the ongoing UK Export Finance Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This UK Export Finance job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Our mission is to ensure that no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer.
We are the UK’s export credit agency and a government department, working alongside the Department for International Trade as an integral part of its strategy and operations.
We work with over 100 private credit insurers and lenders to help UK companies access export finance (the particular class of loans, insurance policies or bank guarantees that enable international trade to take place as easily and securely as possible). We exist to complement not compete with the private sector.
We help UK companies to:
- win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers
- fulfil contracts by supporting working capital loans
- get paid by insuring against buyer default
We can support exports for any size of company and across all sectors, from capital goods to services and intangibles such as intellectual property.
Job Title: Team Leader Strategy, Policy and Climate Change Office
Location: London, United Kingdom
Experience: Mid Career
The Strategy, Policy and Climate Directorate (SPoCC) is responsible within UKEF for contributing and responding to HMG strategy and policy developments, oversight of corporate strategy and planning, setting policy, central responsibility for UKEF’s approach to Climate Change matters and Sustainable Development Goals, and engaging internationally in UKEF’s capacity as an ECA.
Within the Strategy, Policy and Climate Directorate, the Information and Governance division leads on three major areas:
1) Governance structure
2) Knowledge and Information Management
2) The SPoCC Office
The Strategy, Policy and Climate Change Directorate (SPoCC) contains 6 functions which all have strategic importance, but all have a very different brief. The functions are strategy, climate and sustainability, international relations, governance and information, policy & products and environmental and social. The variation in the briefs, the number of people in the directorate and the need for efficiency and pace in the strategic priorities means that a strong administrative function is needed to support the Directorate. This is where the SPoCC Office comes in.
The SPoCC office will be overseen by the role holder who will report to the Head of Governance & Information, offering them support as needed with her objectives for the function, but will also work directly with the Director in relation to their priorities and corporate reporting responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following.
- Providing high-level support to the Director of SPoCC, deputising as needed in meetings, responding to correspondence in place of the Director as needed.
- Acting as an extra senior resource that other teams in SpoCC and the Department could bid for that would help SPoCC achieve its objectives.
- Taking the lead or co-working with other UKEF teams where necessary on projects in the Directorate or Department or x-Whitehall that the Director or CEO wishes to dedicate resource to (examples for illustration only – new reporting system/clearances/or across the Department/unlocking best governance solutions for new areas such as climate/modern slavery/sustainability, leading SpoCC team meetings when Director not present, scoping a new idea for collaboration with an academic initiative, commissioning research)
- Manage inboxes of the Head of Governance when on leave and for the Director of SPoCC on a more regular basis.
- Assisting the Director in maintaining key stakeholder relationships. Building and maintain working relationships with private officers of Ministers, Permanent Secretaries, DIT Director Generals and line reports across relevant HMG departments.
- Acting as Board secretary, offering support and briefing to the Chair and non-executives and contributing to the strategic agenda; ensuring that the Board and EGAC agendas dovetail appropriately, and each knows what the other is doing.
- Working with Director and Head of Governance & Information to oversee Executive committee and the quality of its agenda.
- Assisting the Head of Governance and Information Management with the Governance Statement, Accounting Officer System Statement, Corporate Governance Framework and updating the Concordat and other policies such as Managing Public Money and Functional Standards.
- Leading on complaints management for the Department.
- Overseeing the effective and timely fulfilment of corporate reporting obligations of the Directorate; overseeing the administrative function of the Directorate, including diary management, travel bookings and corporate reporting; and managing the workload of the SPoCC office team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Developing Self and Others
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Technical – a short presentation (this will be on a topic determined by UKEF and will need to be prepared in advance).
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you