Jumia Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa with over 5,000 employees in more than 20 African countries. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. Join Jumia Nigeria career team today, and be part of our success story.
Jumia Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Operations Manager
- This position will work with the Leadership team and be responsible for project management, client and vendor management and financial management related to transportation management (inbound, outbound, and forward brokerage operations throughout the region across all business segments)
Also Apply for: Nokia Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Managing co-loader contracts and negotiating with fleet contractors for better pricing:
- Planning initiatives for reduction in fleet contractors’ cost
- Performance management for TAT adherence across all lanes for both same city and long-haul movements
- Financial Reconciliation: Reconciliation of chargeable weight/ packets and any lost cases
- Publish daily capacity planning based on small / medium/ bulky percentage
- Manage any network operational issues and fleet contractors’ distribution to reduce return (DRTV) pendency and cost
- Share DRTV plan for 3PL partner based on forward load at Vendor drop-offs/ pick-ups/ network hub to manage handover
- Ensuring 100% acceptance of all return load from 3PLs and controlled fleet at network reverse hub
- Managing the lost compliance and write-off guidelines for shipments stuck at network
- Ensuring cycle count being done as per the SLA guidelines at all the network hubs
- Manage customer escalation cases for all shipments stuck at network-RCA done for exact issue
- Drive new process initiative and Institutionalize tech changes required for better alignment / visibility of shipments
Also Apply for: Kuda Bank Recruitment (5 Positions)
Education, Experience, Skills, & Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma from an accredited university; Degree in Logistics, Transport, or a related Supply Chain related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet, etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 7 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- Ability to lead large and remote teams
- Hardworking, result oriented, methodical, very structured.
- Pro-active, both autonomous and team player, Flexible.
- High analytical skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Also Apply for: Patricia Technologies Limited Recruitment (4 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.