MainOne Cable Nigeria Recruitment portal is now open for interested candidates. This MainOne Cable Nigeria job vacancy 2021 is open to all qualified candidates.
MainOne Cable Nigeria is a foremost facilitator and provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa. MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. Join MainOne Cable Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
MainOne Cable Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Planning Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Transmission Planning Engineer will co-ordinate site surveys for PoPs; inclusive of technical site survey, space management and analysis of tower loading.
Other responsibilities includes;
- Oversee MW design activities for PTP & PTMP radios – including Link Budget & Service Request Order (SRO’s).
- Report weekly of all MW activities ( PTP & PTMP).
- Ensure that MW deployment datasheet is updated and Submitted the Regulators (NCC) bi-annually.
- Overall project planning, delivery and timely update on project progress.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in the use of assigned frequency channels/bandwidth.
- Report on capacity, inventory and utilization of applicable Access Network platform.
- Provide detailed engineering documentation to support and ensure successful Project implementation.
- Provide the required support to escalated issues from Operation teams.
- Effectively manage radio licenses to meet customer requirements.
Recommended: Also see Deloitte Nigeria Recruitment (9 Positions)
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering.
- Minimum years of Experience: 7
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to evaluate and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of network planning tools like Pathloss, MapInfo etc.
- Ability to engage and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Travelling may be required at short notice.
- Ability to analyse and interpret detailed technical solution and implement into network planning document.
- Understanding of Microwave radios Technology.
- Good knowledge of Ceragon/Ubiquiti/Dragon Wave/Radwin PTMP Radios.
- Good Knowledge of various protection schemes namely LMSP, SNCP ERPS, LAG Ring & Mesh Protection, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience on Microwave radios technologies
Demands of the Job
- This role demands prompt and timely delivery of customer’s service, as well as good inventory and stock management.
Recommended: Also see Access Bank Plc Recruitment (13 Positions)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!