Code for Africa (CFA) is the continent’s biggest association of independent civic technology and data journalism laboratories, which build digital democracy solutions, giving citizens free access to information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthen civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability. Join our careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Code for Africa Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Coordinator
- The ideal candidates will have demonstrable experience in both online and offline training development and management within the education, digital media and/or technology field.
- They will also possess a deep understanding of pedagogy and the ability to effectively monitor and evaluate training project activities.
- In order to thrive in this role, candidates should enjoy fast-paced creative problem-solving, and be comfortable working in a remote, multicultural, and transnational environment.
Also Apply for Airtel Nigeria Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
About this Role
- The successful candidate will join CfA’s Knowledge team and play a vital role in supporting the design, implementation, and management of capacity building initiatives across Africa. This will involve developing curricula, meaning training programmes and conducting training and mentorship sessions.
- The primary responsibility of the role is to coordinate and manage the training components of CfA’s projects, using a combination of different learning modalities such as self-/instructor-led and online/in-person training. You will work with the Academy team to ensure that partnerships and project deliverables are met and that stakeholders are kept informed and engaged.
- The training coordinator will oversee and assess all mentoring activities, which includes assigning mentors, and guaranteeing they have the required capacity and communication tools to effectively accomplish mentoring goals.
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong strategic analysis and critical thinking skills, as our projects are diverse and fast-paced, requiring the ability to quickly grasp and acquire new knowledge. You should be comfortable handling multiple tasks with multiple ongoing deadlines and have previous experience working on the digital collaboration tools that CfA uses, such as Slack, Google Drive, and Trello.
- Successful candidates will work as part of a multinational and multilingual team using digital collaboration tools to provide training and mentoring support to newsroom partners and media houses across Africa.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Manage Academy training and mentorship activities catering to various target audiences, including university students, media professionals, civic organisations, and think tank researchers
- Conduct assessments to identify the specific skills and knowledge gaps of the target audience, enabling the design of tailored training programs.
- Develop comprehensive training materials, both for online and offline use, including curriculum, lesson plans, and other necessary resources.
- Coordinate and deliver training sessions, ensuring a seamless, engaging and impactful learning experience, both in-person and virtually.
- Support CfA’s donor-funded projects by ensuring timely delivery of training projects activities and milestones. Strive for excellence by meeting or exceeding donor expectations.
- Actively monitor project implementation and progress, ensuring adherence to work plans, and maintaining project documentation.
- Collect and analyse training data to evaluate the overall impact of the training initiatives.
- Prepare detailed reports summarising training activities and outcomes, along with recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the promotion and marketing of training initiatives, utilising various channels such as social media, email marketing, and engagement with media partners.
Also Apply for Abuja Clinics Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant experience in Project Management or Education, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience as a training coordinator, project officer, project coordinator or a related position.
- Experience in designing and managing training across multiple platforms, including but not limited to, in-person, one-on-one and online trainings, as well as in individual mentorship.
- Excellent pedagogical expertise and the ability to design engaging and effective training materials using adult learning principles and instructional design methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple training initiatives simultaneously, including developing and maintaining project documentation (such as work plans and M&E trackers).
- Excellent report writing skills, with an ability to get across complex details in an understandable and accurate way for a variety of audiences.
- Empathetic communication and listening skills, plus a sensitivity to and ability to work with cross-cultural dynamics.
- Digital first workplace skill-sets, including proficiency in collaborative work solutions such as Google Drive (Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc) and Slack (or equivalents such as Teams), as well as project management tools like Trello (or equivalents).
- Proficient in English and French (spoken and written).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as WordPress’ LearnDash platform.
- Experience building and managing relationships with media institutions, governments, international organisations, educational institutions, relevant technology players, and other private and not-for-profit relevant stakeholders in the civic technology and media ecosystem.
- Experience in training via new communication channels, including using mobile platforms like WhatsApp or equivalent social messaging platforms.
- Experience working with a variety of teams, such as journalists, data analysts, and subject matter experts from various fields.
- Deep understanding of and experience in the education technology, media ecosystem and/or digital innovation space in Africa.
- Experience in the use of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, data quality assessments, and data analysis to document programme results.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project Monitoring and Evaluations systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
Language and Location Requirements:
- Location: Remote
- Languages: English and French
- Preferred but not required: Arabic, Swahili, or other major African languages
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
Also Apply for Menzon Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualifications candidates should:
Click here to apply online