United Bank for Africa Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of is a leading Pan-African financial institutions with a worldwide footprint. Our major aim is to be the number one choice for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders. Our operations spread across 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria, United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. Join United Bank for Africa Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
United Bank for Africa Plc Employment is for the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Head Office Audit
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking for a candidate with good investigative and analytical skills and knowledge of auditing in the financial service industry.
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in banking operations, auditing, and financial control.
- Build strong audit and compliance environment and ensure zero level fraud, zero infraction to policies, improved value for money and provide compliance counselling, advisory and decision support services to business units and audit function in the country.
- Participate in formulation, design and revision of Subsidiary’s Internal Audit strategy. Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives.
Also Apply for: Ecobank Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Contribute to the development of sound audit program capable of identifying areas of high operational risk within the bank.
- Continuous reviewing of the Internal control system of the bank with a view to evaluate the effectiveness of the control environment as well as the process flow and ease audit process thereby strengthening the control environment of the bank.
- Engagement of audit client in a thorough walkthrough audit to have a clear knowledge and deep understanding of the process, products, system, development, structure and effect of changes on operations, reporting and compliance environment.
- Conduct a systematic and discipline review of off-site documentation using the approved audit programme, checklist, audit planning memorandum and generally accepted best practices.
- Conduct a comprehensive compliance and substantive audit test on the process, products, systems, reports, records, accounts, structure, operations, environment and people.
- Ensure completion and closure of audit engagement within approved turnaround.
- Briefing of team lead on deviations and non-compliance observed in processes, products, systems, reports, records, accounts, structure, operations, environment, people.
- Conduct planned spot checks to test areas of vulnerabilities or inadequacies in processes, policies, procedures, systems, records and accounts.
- Conduct special investigation to establish root-cause of service failure at the instance of the board, management, customer’s complaints, fraudulent activities, board, etc.
- Ensure that effective follow-up of audit clients to resolve all open items in the published audit report within the agreed time-lines
- Escalate non closure of audit exceptions to supervisors.
Also Apply for: Kuddy Cosmetics Employment (4 Positions)
- First Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, and any related numerate fields
- Masters’ Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
- 3-5 years in banking operations, Financial Control or Auditing, and other related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Sound experience in the following key areas: Audit/Investigation, IT Audit/ Control, IT security and Risk Management & E-Fraud and Forensic Investigation.
- Sound knowledge of the banking operations and internal controls.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills
- Information security and IT Audit skills
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Also Apply for: Aquada Development Corporation Limited Recruitment (5 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online