Dangote Group is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. Our core business focus is to provide local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘day-to-day needs’ of the populace through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa. We are focused on boosting local production capacity to generate employment, reduce capital flight and increase local value addition. Join Dangote Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Dangote Group Employment is to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Officer
Job ID: HAMREC.190523
Employment Type: Full time
Department: HR & Administration
Reports To: AGM, Recruitment
- Support the implementation of DCP’s recruitment plans and programmes covering candidate sourcing and recruitment and selection for various positions country-wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare draft advertisement notices for vacant positions for relevant review and approval.
- Liaise with relevant department (or third party organisation) for publication of advertisements.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of CVs submitted to DCP Nigeria.
- Perform preliminary categorisation of unsolicited CVs according to best fit and provide recommendations.
- Participate in the review and screening of candidates’ CVs according to job requirements.
- Schedule assessment tests and/ or interviews and ensure timely communication to candidates and interviewers.
- Liaise with other departments or external parties to organise resources for tests and interviews (e.g. venues, equipment stationery, etc.).
- Participate in and document outcome of candidate interview sessions.
- Conduct reference checks on candidates at the defined stage within the recruitment/ employment process.
- Develop draft documentation of employer/ employee agreements, terms and conditions of work in line with industrial requirements and DCP’s HR policy.
- Ensure all recruitment documentations are up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage (raise requisitions, provide justifications, obtain approval, track and report) budgeted expenses for the department’s activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- First Degree or its equivalent in Humanities or Social Sciences related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 6 years relevant experience. Related work experience in a recruitment firm will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- A good understanding of the job requirements of the function/ department.
- Good interviewing and listening skills.
- Basic understanding of employee/industrial relations.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic organisation and project management skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools especially MS Word and Excel.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online