Dangote Group is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. See more Dangote Group Job vacancies Here >>
Dangote Group recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Lead, Transport Division
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Job type: Full time
Also Apply for Nestle Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
- The role is focused on monitoring, analyzing, and forecasting the sustainability performance of cement transport operations.
- It monitors industry developments and undertakes specific actions and circular economy-related technology to achieve reduced emissions, fuel usage, and pollution minimization, and assess sustainability implications for the plants, and transport operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop governance structures, policies, and operating procedures for sustainable transportation practices.
- Monitors and tracks the Transport division’s environmental, social, economic, and governance (ESG) impact to avert risk exposures.
- Designs and implements initiatives to optimize energy and efficiently utilize the capacity of transport systems.
- Promote circular economy initiatives for waste reduction, and recycling to save cost.
- Identify ESG issues and develop strategies to enhance performance and continuous improvement.
- Build partnerships with external agencies to strengthen sustainability activities and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Provide and organize training for staff, communities, suppliers, and relevant stakeholders on sustainability.
- Implement sustainability stewardship programs to promote employee volunteering and a culture of responsibility towards communities.
- Analyze emerging ESG issues and collaborate with operations to develop a plan of action.
- Design and implement circular economy and other sustainability UN campaigns to improve the sustainability performance of the Plant.
- Provide support for the timely maintenance and retrofitting of trucks to minimize incidents and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Implement projects and programs to promote energy efficiency and responsible fleet management.
Also Apply for Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transport / Fleet Management, Energy Management, Environmental Science, or relevant Engineering discipline.
- An advanced Degree in sustainability would be an advantage.
- 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain (Logistics/Transportation), Environmental & Social Risk Management, Renewable Energy, and Sustainability.
- 2+ in GHG accounting, Sustainability Reporting using GRI or other sustainability frameworks.
- At least 5 years experience in managing diverse teams.
Skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal relations
- Negotiation and crisis management skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Research and data visualization and analysis
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for Ericsson Nigeria Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online