U.S. Consulate General recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This U.S. Consulate General job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
U.S. Mission to Nigeria consist of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Join U.S. Consulate General careers team today, and be part of our success story.
U.S. Consulate General Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveillance Detection (SD) Program Technician – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-037
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: LE – 0710 5
Work Schedule: Full Time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-5
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply / Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants
- Note: EFMs have been expressly prohibited from applying for sd positions since 2008, due to the unique nature of the job, per 08 state 5302.
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Also see: Bolt Nigeria Employment (5 Positions)
- Job holder performs the compilation of individual reports from Surveillance Detection Unit (SDU) personnel and other sources at the U.S. Mission in a standard format.
- Incumbent is responsible for input of suspicious incident reports, images, and investigative material into an information systems database, retrieving and extracting reports of data, reviewing data to identify trends, patterns, circumstances, frequency of events, and preparing analysis documents for the RSO.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of military, police, or private experience in the field of security is required.
- Knowledge of surveillance techniques, as well as awareness of cultural norms and customs is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge Reading / Writing / Reading of English is required.
- Good working knowledge Reading / Writing / Reading of Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa is required.
Skills And Abilities:
- Basic computer skills are required to include keyboarding skills with accuracy and ability to use Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Ability to analyze and organize a variety of data and write coherent reports is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights.
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Salary: NGN3,652,290 Annually.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance. Incumbent will be subject to polygraph upon selection.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate.
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section – 000-000-0000, HRNigeria@state.gov