Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. See more Danish Refugee Council Job vacancies Here >>
>>See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Thursday 01, June 2023
Danish Refugee Council Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Support Services Manager
Locations: Mubi, Adamawa & Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: National contract
Duration: 12 months
Line Manager: Area Manager
Technical Line Manager: Head of Support Services
Area of Operation: Area level
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015, and has experience working in 33 Local Government Areas (LGAs) across the BAY states.
- DRC provides life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including IDPs, returnees, and host communities in the sectors of armed violence reduction, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- The operational context in northeastern Nigeria remains challenging, as the ongoing conflict impedes conflict-affected communities’ access to what limited basic services are available, as well as DRC and other humanitarians’ access to persons of concern.
Also Apply for PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (8 Positions)
- Responsible for providing coordinated and strategic leadership and ensure the smooth running of all support functions to meet the programme needs in line with the DRC Operations Handbook.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Strategy:
- To ensure that annual planning for support services is completed, that regular targets are met and linked to the coordination unit for country-wide consistency.
- To ensure that project planning includes relevant support service requirements (such as lead times and appropriate budgets).
- To ensure that resource mobilisation is realistic and meets the needs of support functions, by using the operations budget to input to donor proposals.
- To ensure that support services are fit for purpose to meet programme needs.
- To be the focal point for the compliance self-check, internal audit and results contracts.
- To serve as primary budget holder for all support service lines.
- To be responsible for budget monitoring and forecasting for support service budgets.
- To work with managers and team leaders to conduct budget monitoring of existing grants.
- To support Area Finance staff in area tasks, building their capacity and connecting them with the Country Finance Manager where required.
- To ensure that keyfinance tasks are completed (such as the monthly, periodic and annual reports).
- To work with finance to ensure programme teams clearly understand compliance requirements.
- To ensure that monthly finance tasks are completed on the area level (payroll, SOS, PIT, cashbooks and cash forecasts) and in line with Operations Handbook procedures.
- To conduct area level BFU meetings are done on regular basis, spent, and forecast part are reviewed by budget managers and comments are added where needed.
- To ensure that monthly reports and produced and that targets are met by the department, while being a link to the HR coordination unit.
- To ensure that HR tasks are completed on time (such as staff induction, Code of Conduct training and leave planning).
- To ensure that annual HR tasks are completed as per the Operations Handbook (e.g., Performance & Development Reviews).
- To ensure the HR team fulfils daily tasks, such as recruitment, contract renewal/ amendments, timesheet submission and leave tracking.
- To be the focal point for key administrative tasks.
- To oversee the team to ensure follow up on routine tasks are carried out (guesthouse supplies, phone credit purchase, utilities bill payments, rental and lease agreements).
Also Apply for Eko Maintenance Limited Job Recruitment (9 Positions)
Supply Chain Support:
- To ensure procurement procedures are followed while being the focal point for tenders together with the coordination unit (including being a chairman for most major tenders).
- To ensure area procurement plans are finalized, closely monitored, updated as and when required.
- To closely follow department KPIs and ensure that monthly report submissions are timely and of high quality.
- To work with the teams to ensure each of the sub departments (procurement, fleet, assets, warehouse and maintenance) have targets and are meeting them, in line with Operation Handbook procedures.
- To Ensure area supply and logistic teams are fully trained on tasks listed in their Job Description.
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility.
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Accountable for people management of direct reports, at least 3 employees including Team Leaders. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, SOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC.
- Master’s Degree in relevant area or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics will suffice with an additional 2 years of commensurate experience.
- Strong Finance background (3+ years) requirement with 2 years’ experience in similar role is an asset.
- At least 2 years’ experience with people management or demonstrable experience in staff capacity building.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics in a humanitarian context is required
- Experience with budget cycle, monitoring processes, and project cycle management
- Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Nigerian citizens only, not open to expats.
- Knowledge of code of conduct principles and the HR systems for performance management
- Knowledge of key donor policy and compliance procedures
- Knowledge of supply chain management and procurement processes
- Past experience with DRC in a similar role will be considered a distinct advantage
- Previous experience as support services management is an asset.
Required Skills & Qualities:
Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Excellent writing, proof-reading, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to adapt, take initiative and work in a multicultural environment
- Interest for humanitarian sector and donor’s environment
- Listening, analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace.
Salary & Benefits
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2023 at 11:59pm (GMT-time)
Also Apply for Vesa Fisheries Limited Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request