U.S. Consulate General recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
U.S. Mission to Nigeria consist of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Join U.S. Consulate General careers team today, and be part of our success story.
U.S. Consulate General Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisory Visa Assistant – Employees of Mission-All / or USEFMs, EFMs or MOHs (Immigrant Visa LE Staff Supervisor (Substitution))
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-106S
Series/Grade: LE – 1415 9
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Also Apply for: MTN Nigeria Employment (4 Positions)
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- or USEFM – FP is 5 step 1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C
- Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Also Apply for: PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc Recruitment (11 Positions)
- The incumbent served as the Locally Employed (LE) Staff supervisor of the twelve-person LE Staff in the immigrant Visa (IV) Unit.
- The IV Unit is the largest in Africa and is one of the highest fraud IV units in the world. Incumbent coordinates the processing of all immigrant visa (IV) work for all of Nigeria, encompassing the full range of immigrant visa classifications, including a returning resident, fiancé and diversity visas, as well as refugee and asylees.
- As supervisor, the incumbent supervises two – three FSN 08 Team leads and indirectly supervises the four – six FSN-07 visa assistants on each team and serves as rater and reviewer for annual evaluations.
- Incumbent is supervised by the USDH Immigrant Visa Unit Chief.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two (2) years of University Studies is required.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative/government and customer service-oriented experience including one (1) year of supervisory experience is required. Experience handling complicated tasks and resolving unusual or difficult situations is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable U.S. immigration laws, and procedures is required. Familiarity with fraud patterns in Nigeria is required.
- Thorough understanding of routine office/internal operating procedures is required. Knowledge of Nigerian government regulations and bureaucratic processes is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in reading/writing/speaking of English is required.
Also Apply for: Havana Specialist Hospital Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Ability to apply good judgement in evaluating evidence and to apply relatively complex regulation correctly is required.
- Excellent organizational, management, communications and interpersonal skills is required.
- Ability to multitask effectively with a high degree of accuracy in a very demanding work environment is required.
- Ability to perform all the duties connected with IV processing is required. Ability to draft correspondence and cables in correct, standard English is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required.
- Keyboard / typing skills with good accuracy is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Also Apply for: WTS Energy Recruitment (4 Positions)
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD48,667 (NGN10,908,677) annually.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders / Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Also Apply for: Salpha Energy Limited Recruitment (4 Positions)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.