About ECOWAS Parliament:
ECOWAS Parliament was established by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Revised Treaty of 24 July 1993 as one of the Institutions of the Community. ECOWAS is made up of fifteen (15) member countries that are located in the Western African region. These countries have both cultural and geopolitical ties and shared common economic interest. Founded in 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region. Join ECOWAS careers team today, and be part of our success story.
>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Thursday 01, June 2023
ECOWAS Parliament Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stores Assistant (Internal Vacancy)
Directorate: Administration and Finance
Division: General Administration and Conference Division
Line Supervisor: Administrative Officer
Also Apply For Wema Bank Plc Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will assist in providing stores services to the Parliament in order to ensure the availability, at all times, of essential and regularly used materials.
Role and Responsibilities
- Keep custody of all stock/consumables of the Institution
- Ensure adequate and timely replenishment of stock.
- Receive deliveries from suppliers after ensuring all item specifications and supply lead-times are as specified in Purchase Orders or supply contract.
- Ensure the conformity of items on Purchase Order/Supply contract with supplier’s invoice and delivery note/waybill, before generating a Goods Receipt Note for onward transmission to Finance for payment processing.
- Issue out stock/consumable items to user units/divisions/departments after necessary approvals.
- Constantly monitor stock levels to avoid stock-outs and waste of items through expiry and also the waste of space.
- Update stock records
- Generate periodic stock reports as needed by Management.
- Carry out periodic physical inventory count of stock.
- Ensure adequate use of space and temperature in stores.
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of consumables and staff in stores.
- Assist in accounting for the fixed assets of the Institution.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
Academic QualificatIons and Experience
- Ordinary National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply, Stores Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field from a recognized University/Institution.
- 2 years of progressively responsible working experience in Stores Management or related services;
- Knowledge of the Material Management module of SAP is a plus.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Also Apply For Hotel Capitol Recruitment (5 Positions)
ECOWAS Key Competencies:
- Ability to provide suggestions based on own observations that will improve the way work is accomplished and confidently lead on their implementation as requested.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively as a team member, mentoring teams and occasionally leading on discussions and/or replacing other leading roles as required.
- Ability to support the team by keeping abreast of the team’s initiatives, events and needs, assisting team leaders as required.
- Ability work under pressure and be dependable for results.
- Ability to take responsibility for own career and performance and to regularly and independently engage in self-assessment activities.
- Ability to develop and maintain skills and expertise required to perform in the role effectively.
- Excellent work ethics, positivity, motivation, flexibility and problem-solving skills to carry out tasks associated with position.
- Ability to take initiative to resolve semi-routine problems and make recommendations to improve the quality/quantity of services to clients.
- Ardent desire to help others in a variety of circumstances of relevance to own work area and to refer to appropriate person for further assistance as required.
- Ability to work as part of a team in articulating the needs of clients .
- Ability to manage own time effectively and meet service standards and objectives related to assigned responsibilities.
- Understands how to access internal resources or services to enhance cultural awareness and actively seeks to improve multicultural skills when interacting with others with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, especially within west Africa.
- Ability to listen attentively to people’s ideas, requests and concerns and to understand, internalize and develop diversity management skills in accordance with ECOWAS rules/policies.
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Ability to recognize preconceived notions and stereotypical views of certain groups and individuals and to successfully adopt inclusive and culturally appropriate behaviors.
- Basic understanding of the ECOWAS organizations mandate and its functions, particularly those of own institution/agency.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS routine procedures and practices as it relates to assigned responsibilities and work tools.
- Ability to apply ECOWAS standards for emailing and other routine tasks and to keep records, and information pertaining to assigned work in accordance with rules and regulations.
Also Apply For The Place Restaurant Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Ability to apply ECOWAS procedures relevant to tasks and demonstrate understanding of associated systems, processes, rules and/or standards sufficiently to explain their necessity and to identify errors and consequences.
- Numeracy skills with the ability to collect, collate, classify and summarize data following clear and simple instructions.
- Ability to be innovative with established procedures with a view of improving performance and/or outputs.
- Ability to detect and correct errors and to keep accurate records of simple indicators/information.
- Ability to gather and arrange information and data in a simple and understandable manner.
- Ability to provide accurate and complete information to supervisor/co-workers/clients as requested, using good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to use computers with advanced word-processing skills including a working knowledge of spreadsheets, database, inter/intranet, email and social media.
- Ability to read/listen and understand routine instructions and carry them out with limited supervision.
- Ability to produce clear, concise, logical and grammatically correct written material in the three ECOWAS official languages and to have equal verbal language proficiency.
- Ability to address issues with others in a candid, polite , timely and straightforward manner.
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT).
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to organize routine work tasks, to identify solutions to address conflicting priorities or Uncertainty in carrying out new or changing tasks.
- Ability to develop work goals and identify the steps needed to achieve these goals.
- Ability to understand and contribute to team or work unit goals as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to work within well-established office practices and balance multiple tasks within set deadlines.
- G4 – UA20,166.30 (US$31,818.39)
- G5 – UA25,527.53 (USD40,277.34)
- G6 – UA30,178.98 (USD47,616.39)
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2023.
Also Apply For Costarchem Nigeria Limited Employment (3 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click Here To Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click Here For More Information
Note: In line with ECOWAS policy, the vacancies are, in the first instance, being published internally for the interest of candidates from ECOWAS Institutions only. Accordingly, interested and qualified staff of all ECOWAS Institutions and Agencies are kindly requested to apply.