United Bank for Africa Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This United Bank for Africa Plc job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of is a leading Pan-African financial institutions with a worldwide footprint. Our major aim is to be the number one choice for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders. Our operations spread across 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria, United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. Join United Bank for Africa Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
United Bank for Africa Plc Employment is for the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
- To produce clean, efficient code based on specifications, testing and deploying programs and system, fixing and improving existing software.
- Technical Excellence
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions in in Python, .Net, PHP and Java
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionalities, requirements, and specifications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Understand and possess hands on skills on service-oriented architecture approach to software development using appropriate communication protocol.
- Participate in team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing session.
- Must possess a sense of equity and fairness
- Good communication skills
- Ensure development of high-quality software
- Ensure proper understanding and compliance with existing IT standards.
- Ensure that projects are accurately delivered to schedule.
- Ensure deliverables meet the acceptance criteria given.
- Ensure proper documentation and source code checked into repository and versioned
- Ensure proper handover of developed software to support team for deployment and production support.
- Ensure all development is thoroughly tested before it is presented to the customer
- Provide support to third parties on solution on boarding and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2 years and above related experience in software development
Knowledge & skills required:
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Development, customization and implementation of software solutions strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to build professional relationships
- Excellent knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship
- Customer relationship management
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creativity at handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong initiative to finding ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Good knowledge of ISO 8583 protocol.
- Good knowledge of financial/banking domain
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2022.