United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in the world’s dangerous places to reach out to the most disadvantaged children and adolescents. Our aim is to save their lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfill purpose. In more than 190 countries and territories of our coverage, we do whatever it takes to help children survive, thrive and fulfill their potential, from early childhood through adolescence. Before, during and after charitable emergencies, United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund UNICEF has been in existence, providing lifesaving support and hope to children and families. We are never unbiased in the issues of defending children’s rights and safeguarding their lives and futures. See more UNICEF Job vacancies Here >>
>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Thursday 01, June 2023
UNICEF Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Policy Manager
Job no: 559975
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Temporary Appointment – 364 days
Categories: Social Policy
Also Apply For Wema Bank Plc Recruitment (3 Positions)
How can you make a difference?
- Under the direct guidance of the Chief, Social Policy, the incumbent is responsible for advising the Chief, Social Policy on the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all stages of social policy programing and related advocacy from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of concrete and sustainable results. This includes programmes aimed at improving child focused policies; the transparency, adequacy, equity and efficiency of child-focused public investments and financial management; governance and accountability measures; all working synergetically to strengthen the social protection system in Nigeria and improve the social protection coverage of children.
- This encompasses both direct programme work with government and civil society partners as well as linkages and support to teams working on education, health, child protection, water and sanitation, nutrition and social and behavioural change communication.
- The incumbent is expected to provide strong technical support on resource mobilization, by developing new and innovative partnerships to fund social protection programmes for the country office.
Donor Engagement and Resource Mobilization:
- Develop funding proposals to mobilize non-core resources for social protection interventions and programmes in the country office.
- Act as a single and direct entry point for donors, building institutional relationships.
- Provide regular updates on donor profiles, databases (e.g. contacts management);
- Support existing, identify and facilitate the co-creation of new shared value partnerships with donor countries, international and regional financial institutions and private sector in support of the UNICEF Social Inclusion Programme, particularly social protection.
- Build trust and manage/coordinate the relationships with key partners and ensure the proactive coordination, monitoring and facilitation of non-core sources and partnerships for social protection interventions in the country office.
- Identify opportunities to secure additional non-core resources and, where appropriate, liaises with relevant sections and field offices for action, including recommendation on positioning with potential donors; timely follow-up and support.
- Set and monitor Social Policy’s annual priorities, goals, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for donor partnerships and resource mobilization
- Facilitate and monitor the submission of high quality and timely reports to Donors, preparation of missions, meetings and other consultations with donors, including the preparation of concept notes, briefs and other materials, in close cooperation with the Management for Results team.
Strengthening social protection coverage and the impact for children:
- Develops social protection policies, legislation and programmes with attention to increasing coverage of and impact on children, with special attention the most marginalized. Identifies, generates and presents evidence to support this goal in collaboration with partners.
- Promotes strengthening of integrated social protection systems, providing technical support to partners to improve the design of cash transfers and child grants and improve linkages with other social protection interventions such as health insurance, public works and social care services as well as complementary services and intervention related to nutrition, health, education, water and sanitation, child protection and social and behavioural change communication.
- Undertakes improved monitoring and research around social protection impact on child outcomes and use of data and research findings for strengthening programme results.
Also Apply For ARM Pension Managers Limited Recruitment (4 Positions)
Coordinating and implementing shock-responsive social protection – including social (cash and in-kind) transfers of the Country Office:
- Provide technical oversight and supervision to the P3, Shock-Responsive Social Protection Specialist in the Country office.
- Lead the development and implementation of an inter-sectoral shock-Responsiveness SP for the country office, including a strong focus on gender and climate vulnerability, with analysis covering the different areas of the social protection system including shock-responsive social assistance, social security and labor market, and social services.
- Support shock-responsive strategy and programming to support the Government, highlighting gaps and lesson learned to improve the emergency preparedness, and reinforce a shock-responsive SP system at Federal and State-level.
- Engage and maintain partnerships with key shock-responsive social protection stakeholders, including Federal and State Governments, National and Sub-National Cash Working Groups, and International Development Partners, and in close consultation with appropriate UNICEF sections.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Candidates should possess an Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Experience working on social protection in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with resource mobilization is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
- Nurtures, leads and manages people.
N.B: During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2023 West Central Africa Standard Time
Also Apply For Kuda Bank Recruitment (9 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online