Sifax Group recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality. Join Sifax Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Sifax Group Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Operations Manager
Location: Tincan Island Port, Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Also Apply for: Kuda Bank Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Responsible for the internal administration and control of the Vessel/Yard Section including but not limited to the implementation and control of all planned activities of the dockside/container yard and all other related activities.
- Creates, monitors and analyze the stacking area or boundaries for import and export containers and for depot stacking.
- Recommends to Operations Manager any changes that are deemed necessary for a better vessel and yard planning.
- Ensures that all information requirements and working programs under Vessel/Yard Section are done in coordination with the Planning Department.
- Meets with the incoming duty Shift Operations Manager for briefings and handing over of duties. Assesses the productivity level and the problems encountered in manpower, equipment, gears etc.
- Provide terminal presence by maintaining routine monitoring on on-going operations in all areas to ensure that the established performance benchmarks are met. Initiates actions where standards are not being met.
- Coordinate terminal planning and operations to ensure effective ship working programs are set and maintained to ensure vessels meet sailing and berthing deadlines.
Also Apply for: Fastest Cakes Limited Employment (6 Positions)
- Coordinates with the Planning Section regarding all planned activities such as vessel schedules/ordering of gangs, crane assignments/yard planning/confirmation of load and balances and equipment allocation.
- Creation of space in the yard in ensuring highest vessel productivity through the efficient use of all operational tools and machines in the yard in receiving/delivering containers discharged/loaded from the vessel with quick turnaround.
- Responsible for efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and cost-effective utilization of equipment resources to match the operational requirement of the terminal.
- Provide first line of response for emergency situations, damage assessments and enforces company policies on safety and efficiency in all activities at all times.
- Maintain continuous operations by ensuring all shift operational staff use the ‘’hot seat’’ changeover at shift changeover times and for operators rest break changeovers.
- Manages employees’ (ops staff) performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and dispute resolution.
- Liaises closely with customs agents, trucking companies, customs, port authorities and other statutory authorities to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Performs other duties that the Superior may direct from time to time.
Also Apply for: Patricia Technologies Limited Recruitment (4 Positions)
- BSc, HND or M.Sc. A recognized shipping qualification applicable to the role.
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communicator
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure.
- Must be able and flexible to work variable shifts, weekends, and holiday-specific shifts to be determined.
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
- Leadership ability is required to be able to coordinate shift activities
- Professionalism, Teamwork, Problem solving, Leadership skills
- Excellent Management and Coordinating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent terminal operations communicator.
N300,000 – N350,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2022.
Also Apply for: Nokia Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.