PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc is a unique shopper items gathering and trend-setter of a portion of the world’s most popular and cherished brands. Bringing on north of 130 years of ability, we work globally in painstakingly chosen created and developing business sectors that present the best essential potential for future development. Our top notch production network and circulation networks empower us to meet our worldwide customer needs and convey quality brands that add worth and improve regular daily existences. Join PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc Recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHE Officer
Job Requisition ID: JR000367
Location: Ikorodu Factory, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Department: Safety Health & Environment (SHE)
OU/Country: PZ Wilmar Nigeria
Revision number: 03
Document No: PZW/MS/F/0035
Why does the job exist?
- Support the SHE Manager on the management of the OSHE teams who are responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results.
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to the SHE Manager
Also Apply for: Dangote Group Employment (13 Position)
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- Total department headcount is 4
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- Conduct pre-operational risk assessments and risk mitigation measures Implement all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with ISO 45001-2018 and ISO 14001/ 2004 standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Support the Safety stewards in executing continuous audits according to schedule Provide SHE improvement proposals stating the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and implementation. Investigate the root cause SHE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, clients and contractors and report the result to the SHE manager.
- Follows up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with.
- Audit work being performed with issued ”Work Permit” Assist with the implementation of Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations; Assist local management in the preparation & presentation of field HSE meetings Participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses;
- Assist regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency.
- Maintains records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements Inspects regularly, all firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans Ensure that operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions
- Assist in preparing written weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance Coordinate food safety activities for SHE department such as Documentation and record management;
- Conduct Internal and external Audits; Training and awareness on food safety; And any other food safety related duties as may be directed by Food safety team leader or SHE/TPM manager.
- To ensure compliance with relevant QMS policies & procedures. To identify and rate aspects of SHE activities and develop programs where necessary, to help control those aspects of SHE activities that could have adverse impact on the environment.
Also Apply for: Pruvia Integrated Limited Recruitment (24 Positions)
EMS, OH&S and FSSC Responsibilities:
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified OHS procedures or legal requirements.
- Ensure prompt escalation (adequate communication) of any food safety-related issues to any FSTM, FSTL and or next line of reporting manager
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
- Ability to take decision decisively and Good sense of judgment.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Ability to display self-confidence
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
- Behavioral competencies are linked to the grade of the position and will be assigned once the position has been evaluated.
- Technical skills (max 8 for each position) need to be detailed below.
- They are related to the function of the position (e.g. procurement, finance etc.) and should be those that are required to ensure that the position is performed at a Solid standard of performance.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Works closely with the safety stewards and production teams.
Also Apply for: Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment (4 Positions)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Possess a university degree in a science related discipline, engineering or any other numerate discipline.
- 1-3 years’ work experience safety management
- Detailed knowledge of the SHE procedures.
- Must be computer literate (ms-word, Ms-excel, access)
- Experience in SHE and manufacturing.
- Team Work
- Hazard identification and controls
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Environmental Management.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: IBILE Microfinance Bank Recruitment (4 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Alignment to the BEST! Values is assumed to be critical to all PZC roles.
- All employees are also responsible for complying with their duties and responsibilities under both national legislation and Company policies regarding Health and Safety, Data Protection and Dignity at Work.
- PZ Cussons is big enough to make your mark, small enough to make it yours. Apply to join us!