Start a new career with SAIC while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2023 is open to all qualified candidates.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500technology integrator driving our nation’s digital transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, IT modernization and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
Job Title: Service Desk Agent
Salary: $25,001 – $35,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
You will be part of the Service Desk team, responsible for receiving incoming and making outgoing phone calls to the FAA employee and non-employee user base which spans the globe in support of the US and its interests abroad. In this role you interact with end-users to support, resolve, track, and manage technical problems within Remedy.
- Effectively communicates with end-users via telephone, email and chat to ensure excellent service is provided.
- Resolves account, operating system, application, software, mobile device, desktop and network issues to restore service in a timely manner.
- Ensures troubleshooting and resolutions are accomplished using industry best practices, resolves technical issues, ensures issues are resolved per FAA direction, and documents steps taken.
- Collects and documents necessary information for appropriate escalation to level 2 technical teams if unable to resolve requests on first contact.
- Provides support for PC Computer off-the-shelf (COTS) products and enterprise-wide customer applications.
- Suggests updates to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions, and works on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of technical support personnel to detect and resolve problems.
- Uses ITSM and Remedy ticket processes to document actions taken.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree related to Computer and Information; or High School degree and up to two (2) years of sufficient technical or customer service experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Citizenship not required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Technical proficiency in supporting MS Office 2016+, Windows 7-10, Active Directory, Networks and other COTS products.
Target salary range: $25,001 – $35,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.