Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. See more Catholic Relief Services Job vacancies Here >>
Catholic Relief Services Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Officer – Cash and Asset Transfer (Nigerian Nationals Only)
Job Identification: 3000691
Location: Borno, Nigeria
Employment Type: On-site
Job Category: Program Management
Job Shift: Day
Also Apply for Dangote Group Job Recruitment (41Positions)
- As the Senior Program Officer (SPO) Cash and Asset Transfer (CAT) you are responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, supervision and reporting of all cash and asset transfer interventions for all sector teams and programs implemented in CRS Maiduguri.
- You will supervise the CAT Project Assistant(s) in CRS Maiduguri and ensure the timely and effective planning, execution and reporting of all program sector transfers, in coordination with budget managers and sector teams and in compliance with CRS and donor requirements for transparency, accountability and data protection.
- You will also coordinate closely with the CRS Maiduguri MEAL team to ensure that mandatory program data from RedRose are accurately collected, analyzed, and reported.
- You will manage the customer relationship for CRS Maiduguri with the RedRose database service provider, following up procurements of equipment and addressing database and reporting challenges.
- You will also develop and submit the monthly RedRose reports for CRS Maiduguri to CRS HQ.
- You will provide basic training on RedRose to CRS program and MEAL teams and technical guidance and troubleshooting all for cash and asset transfers in CRS Maiduguri.
- You will lead your team in providing orientation to vendors on the correct use of the CAT devices for transfers.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the extraction of timely, accurate and complete CAT vendor reports from RedRose to support the payments for CRS’s contracted CAT vendors in Borno State.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of CAT activities for all CRS Maiduguri sector programs. Coordinate with budget managers , the SCM team and sector leads to ensure that CAT interventions are planned and executed effectively and efficiently, and in compliance with CRS and donor requirements;
- Manage the RedRose database for all programs in CRS Maiduguri. Manage the communications and supplier/client relationship for CRS Maiduguri with RedRose, in consultation with the CRS HQ Technical Advisor. Develop and submit the monthly RedRose reports for CRS Maiduguri to CRS HQ;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive RedRose system to manage program data for all CRS programs in Maiduguri, including data on program participants, transfer amounts, and program outcomes;
- Provide capacity building and technical support to all sector program and MEAL staff on RedRose data management systems and report generation for mandatory target reporting;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with program and MEAL teams in CRS and consortium partners in Maiduguri. Coordinate with the MEAL team to ensure that CAT program data are accurately collected, analyzed, and reported, and that programmatic lessons are learned and shared across sectors and programs;
- Provide capacity building and technical trouble shooting on data management and the RedRose platform to partners as required. Participate in orientation and training with CRS SCM team for CRS contracted vendors on the CAT system and the use of RedRose devices;
- Ensure timely processing of financial requests/disbursements/liquidations by the CAT team. Ensure that advance requests are processed timely and with complete documentation to expedite the payment process for CAT vendors;
- Ensure program sector baskets contents and the setting of commodity price ceilings are planned and coordinated with CRS program and SCM teams;
- Supervise the day-to-day management of the RedRose CAT platform by the CAT team to ensure effective management of beneficiary and financial transaction information, in compliance with CRS and donor policies on data protection;
- Oversee the CAT team in the preparation of top-ups, card printing and the preparation of financial and program data analysis reports;
- Proactively identify issues and challenges on the CAT system and provide solutions to CRS program and MEAL managers;
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Senior Program Officer – Nutrition
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: DCoP, EC, Sector leads, MEAL PM, Heads of Maiduguri Administration, Supply Chain, and Finance. HQ TA on Cash and Vouchers;
- External: Consortium partners, RedRose
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Information Technology, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of Cash and Asset transfer and for an NGO.
- Experience working with consortium partners in multi-sectoral programs;
- Experience in supervising and implementing CAT interventions is essential;
- Experience monitoring projects and using data collection tools.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Extensive technical experience of using online data collection and data management platforms, particularly CommCare, RedRose and PowerBi ;
- At least three years of experience in managing MIS systems, preferably in the context of humanitarian or development programs;
- Strong technical skills in the use of data management software and systems.
- Strong coordination and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Strong supervisory, team management and delegation skills.
- Demonstrable capacities in facilitation, communication and training delivery MIS for non-technical end users.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Demonstrable capacities in team working and cross-sectoral planning and implementation.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups
- Experience in managing relationships and performance with partner organizations and representing programs to local stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports and make presentations;
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- English and Hausa are essential. Knowledge of one or more of the languages spoken in Borno State, such as Kanuri or Shuwa Arabic is an advantage
- The post is based in Maiduguri and includes 40% travel to field locations in the Jere area of Maiduguri and also other CRS program locations in Borno State
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What We Offer
- CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2023 at 02:18 PM.
Also Apply for MainOne Cable Nigeria Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS prioritizes candidates who are citizens/ permanent residents of the countries where we have CRS offices.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions).