Menzon Nigeria Limited is an expert Outsourcing Company with specialization in Human Resource Management, Training and Planning. See more Menzon Nigeria Limited Job vacancies Here >>
Menzon Nigeria Limited Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We require the services of qualified Senior Project Engineers for the supervision of a railway construction project.
- Successful candidates will work with the Project Manager in ensuring that the contractor delivers the project on time, quality and within budget to the client’s satisfaction.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of engineers at the site, including coordinating their work to achieve the project’s objective.
- Motivate and train team members as necessary and evaluate their performance against established KPIs.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s code of conduct and policies and ensure maintenance of a high level of discipline among team members.
- Act as the responsible resident project engineer on assigned site(s) or sections under the supervision of a project manager.
- Liaise with the contractor, client and other stakeholders as necessary and provide feedback to the Project Manager.
- Attend meetings, and document and communicate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify risks and issues as well as effectively manage change at the site.
- Implement work plans and manage work schedules while ensuring that timelines are met.
- Plan and ensure that project and worksite deliverables are successfully achieved.
- Review all works carried out by contractors to identify inconsistencies and suggest reasonable corrective measures where necessary.
- Ensure the use of appropriate methods, systems and techniques in the performance of the job with strict compliance with regulations and standards.
- In line with contract specifications, ensure quality, adequacy and appropriateness of materials and equipment used for all works to ensure an acceptable standard of delivery.
- Ensure strict implementation of approved drawings/designs and recommend appropriate modifications as necessary, and ensure that all works carried out by the contractor bear the requisite company’s approval.
- Ensure requisite tests, including field and laboratory tests and other tests are properly carried out and documented.
- Ensure that inferences and conclusions from analyses of test results are applied accordingly in delivering the job.
- Provide timely standard reports of work including ensuring all requisite documentation is maintained.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision making always regarding the company’s resources.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the area of responsibility.
- Promote the company’s values and philosophy in the performance of your services.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
Also Apply for Airtel Nigeria Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related discipline.
- 15 years of demonstrable experience in construction supervision.
- Vast experience in highway/railway projects is an added advantage.
- Possession of engineering license (COREN).
- Experience working in engineering consultancy is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant engineering software, tools, and equipment to deliver high-quality error-free work.
- Rich experience working on a variety of structures including roads, dams, bridges, culverts, drainages, etc.
- Focus on safety.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant constructions/engineering laws, codes, regulations, and, documentation requirements.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/designs and technical reports and recommend reasonable modifications.
- Ability to make technical calculations involving the application of engineering principles.
- Certification in project management is an added advantage.
- Effective team and personal leadership capability.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to apply technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels as well as to effectively and professionally express ideas to both engineering and non-engineering audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2023.
Also Apply for Zojatech Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as an attachment to: email@example.com using “Application for the Post of Senior Project Engineer” as the subject of the email.
- Ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.