Dangote Group employment & recruitment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy in Nigeria is open to all qualified candidates.
Dangote Industries Limited is one of the Nigerians most diversified and fully integrated business multinationals with an annual group income in excess of US$4 billion (2016) with vibrant operations in Nigeria and Africa, dealing with various products including cement, sugar, salt, condiments, packaging, energy, port operations, fertilizer, and petrochemicals. Our core business focus is to provide local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘day-to-day needs’ of the populace through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa. We are focused on boosting local production capacity to generate employment, reduce capital flight and increase local value addition. Join Dangote Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Dangote Group recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Health and Safety Officer
Ref: HSSE – 004
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – HSSE
- Participate in implementing the DCP approved occupational safety program, analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
Also Apply for: British American Tobacco Nigeria Employment (4 Positions)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of DCP Plants to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Collect, analyse and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organisations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
Also Apply for: Baobab Microfinance Bank Recruitment (4 Positions)
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or its equivalent in any science discipline.
- Membership in relevant safety institutes e.g. NEBOSH, IOSH, and ISPON.
- Relevant safety training from recognized safety Professional bodies such as BSC and ISPON.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and/or manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyse an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for: White Soul Group Employment (5 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online