ActionAid Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
ActionAid Nigeria (AA) is an anti-poverty agency that prioritizes work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organization registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Join our careers team today, and be part of our success story.
ActionAid Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Assistant – WFP
Location: Shani – Borno
Responsible to: Security Officer, Maiduguri
Line Management: None
Also Apply for: Dangote Group Recruitment (24 Positions)
- The post holder will work with the Security Officer to ensure safety of staff and program property.
- S/he will support relevant security training and safety protocols that promotes safety of staff and program property.
- Support in Identifying possible security threats and determining the best security measures for safety of staff and assets in WFP implementing location – Shani.
- Work with the Security Officer to design, implement, and maintain security protocols, policies, plans, and systems to cover all possible security threats.
- Support in facilitating training and induction for staff to discuss security measures and provide information
- Support in running risk assessment and security tests and designing countermeasures to eliminate as many potential risks as possible
- Compiling and presenting reports as required on location
- Suggest improvements to existing security systems.
- Support the development and implementation of, assessing and strengthening, risk assessments, safety and security management plans, and SOPs for staff safety and security
- Work in adherence to ActionAid safety and security Standard Operating Plans.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Security institutions and other stakeholders.
Also Apply for: Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Recruitment (5 Positions)
Education / Qualifications
- National Diploma in Security studies or related discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience handling security issues in the North-East and other states in Nigeria;
- Experience in reporting and carrying out security assessments
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience of designing and co-ordinating training/meetings
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Team player
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimal supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2022.
Also Apply for: Libra Motors Limited Recruitment (3 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location (e.g “Security Assistant, Shani”) as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.