African Union Recruitment portal is now open for interested candidates. This African Union job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena. Join African Union careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Job Title: Secretary – ACHPR
Requisition ID: 850
Location: Banjul, Gambia
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Senior Administration and Human Resources Officer
AU Organ: African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
Job Grade: GSA4
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job for African Union Recruitment
- Provides secretarial and clerical support services for the operations of Human Resources unit in line with approved annual work plan for the Unit.
Main Functions for African Union Recruitment
- Implements secretarial activities as scheduled and agreed.
- Assists in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
- Liaises effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follows up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensures their implementation.
- Prepares routine office communication and assists in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
- Assists in the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems.
- Follows up on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
Specific Responsibilities for African Union Recruitment
- Types and proof reads documents, reports, correspondences, messages, queries, etc as may be required by assigned supervisors
- Drafts responses to routine correspondences for the signature of the supervisors
- Receives guests / visitors / staff and provides them with basic information on relevant issues and procedures
- Maintains a proper filing and recording system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences and documents
- Answers and screens telephone calls / E-mail messages and ensures follow up with supervisors and partners
- Keeps an up to date diary of appointments for supervisors and other senior staff of the division
- Keeps equipment in use in good condition and reports on defects for maintenance and other necessary action
- Provides day to day routine administrative support to various work units of the assigned Units
- Ensures the reception area is properly arranged, clean and tidy all the time
- Performs any other relevant duties as may be directed or required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience for African Union Recruitment
- Must hold Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and related studies from an accredited University with two (2) years of relevant secretarial experience in a Government, public sector or international organization, or
- Diploma in Administrative Services, Office management, Secretariat and related studies from an accredited University with 3 (Three) years of relevant secretarial experience in a Government, Public sector or International organization.
- Typing Speed: 50 words per minute.
Required Skills for African Union Recruitment:
- Good computer skills, including excellent word processing, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using programmes such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication ability both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French or English) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Leadership Competencies for African Union Recruitment:
- Risk Awareness and Compliance.
Core Competencies for African Union Recruitment:
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communication skills.
Functional Competencies for African Union Recruitment:
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness.
Enure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Remuneration for African Union Recruitment
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 12,834.00 (GSA5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date for African Union Recruitment
29th November 2021.
How to Apply for African Union Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.