Spectrum Books Limited recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
At Spectrum Books Limited, we are the conduit for ensuring that knowledge is spread across millions of people, which broadens horizons and increases opportunities for building a better life. We have painstakingly published quality books for over four decades having recognised the correlations between reading, knowledge acquisition, personal empowerment, and economic and societal development. We are Spectrum Books Limited! SBL is driven by excellence, and is passionate about transforming lives. Join Spectrum Books Limited careers team today, and be part of our success story
>>Click here to SEE LATEST JOB VACANCIES IN NIGERIA TODAY, Tuesday 21, March 2023
Spectrum Books Limited recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Science Editor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Also Apply for: Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment (23 Positions)
- Proofread, edit and write on all all science subjects in the Nigerian School Curriculum.
- Providing feedback to authors who submit manuscripts for publication, sometimes including peer review comments
- Coordinating with other editors, copy editors, designers, and production staff to ensure that manuscripts are published accurately and on time
- Working with authors to ensure that manuscripts follow scientific style guidelines.
- Ensuring that manuscripts are clear, concise, and written in a style that is accessible to readers with diverse backgrounds and expertise
- Participating in manuscript review and evaluation of manuscripts submitted to journals. This may involve communicating with authors regarding revisions or recommending rejection of manuscripts that do not meet journal standards
- Serving as an advocate for authors’ rights when dealing with publishers or editors who may push for changes that compromise scientific integrity
- Overseeing the development of new journals or sections within existing journals in order to increase readership or generate revenue
- Assigning reviewers to evaluate manuscripts for scientific accuracy, scope, clarity, and originality. Reviewers may be scientists from other institutions who volunteer their time to peer review manuscripts for journals in their field of expertise
- Communicating with authors about the status of their manuscripts during the editing.
- Candidates should possess an OND qualification with 2 – 4 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2022.
Also Apply for: Workforce Group Employment (26 Positions)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.