Apply for the ongoing Saferworld Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Saferworld job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Saferworld is an independent international organization working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security, and conduct wider research and analysis. We use this evidence and learning to improve local, national and international policies and practices that can help build lasting peace. Our priority is people – we believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. We are a not-for-profit organisation, working through partners in 10 countries across Africa, Asia and the middle East.
Saferworld is headquartered in the UK, with affiliate offices in Washington and Brussels leading on regional advocacy activities and mobilising funding for Saferworld’s programing and global policy work.
With a turnover of approximately US$25m, Saferworld’s primary income stream is via statutory and institutional donors, e.g. UK, US and Swedish governments and the European Commission. 2022/23 will see us investing in the development of new income streams, so as to diversify our funding base. This includes investing in new fundraising capacity to grow our income from US donors with a focus on foundations and government sources.
Job Title: Senior US Partnerships Officer
Location: Washington, D.C
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Mid Career / Advanced
Support growth in income from US foundation and government sources for the work of Saferworld US and for Saferworld’s programs around the world.
Roles and responsibilities:
Foundation engagement strategies and plans
- In consultation with colleagues across the organization and using existing research, revive and establish new relationships with foundation donors which have good programmatic alignment with Saferworld and the potential to enter into strategic funding relationships at an organizational and/or programmatic level
- Analyze alignment between prospective foundation donors and Saferworld’s global and US strategic priorities
- Work with, and mobilise support from, colleagues across the organization (London, Washington, country programs and the US management and Board) to implement effective US foundation donor engagement strategies
- Develop propositions and materials for the promotion of Saferworld’s work to key foundation donors
- Manage information requests and organize regular meetings with the key contacts at foundations
- Oversee the production and submission of programmatic and financial reports to foundations
- Submit funding requests and ensure contractual compliance on secured income
- With colleagues in Washington, London and country programmes, develop and oversee implementation of a US government engagement strategy and support Saferworld colleagues across the organisation to deepen their funding relationships and engagements with key government bureaus, offices and missions at both capital and in countrylevels
- Support Saferworld’s efforts to position itself with potential partners on tendering opportunities and, when required,co-ordinate and participate in processes related to commercial tenders
- Ensure that relevant documentation is kept up to date to support funding proposals
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in relevant US departments (e.g. Department of State, USAiD), recording and sharing donor intelligence, participating in relevant networks.
Successful candidates will demonstrate experience in identifying and establishing strategic relationships with new foundation prospects and collaborating with Saferworld global staff (Programs, Funding and Communications) to articulate compelling proposals and propositions for the US market. This role will also coordinate submissions to and facilitate deepening engagement with key US government donors, either directly or via working in consortia arrangements.
Also see: Palladium Group Job Recruitment – U.S.A
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you