Paga Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open to interested candidates. This Paga Nigeria job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Paga Nigeria is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone. Join Paga Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Paga Nigeria recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Associate
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Risk & Compliance
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Reports to: Enterprise Risk Manager
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- We were founded on the simple belief that the growing ubiquity of the internet and mobile phones enables us to build an ecosystem that empowers everyone to digitally send and receive money and to use simple but meaningful financial services.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation, Integrity and Innovation (CORII). As a Developer Community Engagement Lead at Paga, you will be responsible for bringing Paga’s developer-focus APIs and tools to the developer communities in the countries where Paga operates with the goal of improving these products and their update by the developer community. This includes engaging developer groups, hosting developer-centric activities, improving Paga’s developer-focused offerings based on feedback from the community, improving Paga’s support for its developer community.
- Updating the enterprise risk management framework and policy to ensure that the policy reflect best practice.
- Prepare and maintain risk management documentation, risk policies and risk reports
- Aggregating and analysing risk events reported by the different business units.
- Performing a monthly reconciliation between the risk events reported.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Assisting the Principal Risk Owners and Principal Risk Coordinators with the identification of key risk indicators in their business units.
- Work with business unit to understand business, drivers, concerns, future plans and offer support to mitigate risk.
- Provide timely update of operational risk issues and decisions to managers
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address key risk indicators reported monthly.
- Analysing identified trends in the key risk indicators reported to Risk Management.
- Assisting the Principal Risk Owners and Principal Risk Coordinators with the identification of key risks and mitigating controls in their business units, as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address key risks on the risk and control self-assessments/risk registers.
- Assisting in preparing reports to the leadership team, Risk and audit Committee, Executive Management Team and the board
- Conduct presentations and workshop sessions on risk identification and mitigation.
- Considering and suggesting methods to improve risk analysis and reporting
- Utilising mathematical and statistical knowledge to assist with the building of risk models in support of Operational Risk Management.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies.
- Proactively monitor and review system and product.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field such as Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, etc
- At least 4 years relevant work experience
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Knowledge of risk management and auditing.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Self- driven and hardworking
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Creative and resourceful
- Good team player
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.