Nordic Hotels Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This Nordic Hotels Nigeria job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Nordic Hotels Nigeria was established by a group of Danish and Nigerian business people in 2011, Nordic Hotels Nigeria is today the main shop gathering of inns in Nigeria. Our first inn, The Nordic Villa, Abuja, opened in October 2011. After just two months in activity, we became number 1 on TripAdvisor and have from that point forward been facilitating great many blissful visitors in an unattractive 15 room estate. Two or after three years, we opened Nordic Hotel, Abuja – a wonderful 46 room city resort. The Nordic Villa, Abuja was the primary lodging in Nigeria to have been granted the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame Award to recognize a steady elevated degree of administration. The inns have been included in Forbes and Financial Times and have won the World Traveler Award for Nigeria’s Leading Boutique Hotel. We are named the (informally) coolest spot in Nigeria to remain by a few bloggers and powerhouses. In 2021 we opened Nordic Hotel Lagos on Victoria Island with 61 rooms, a café and meeting offices. Our inns are outfitted in Scandinavian plan portrayed by straightforwardness, moderation, and usefulness, and a usual hangout spot air – what we like to call The Nordic Feeling. Join Nordic Hotels Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Nordic Hotels Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- We are currently seeking a resourceful, dynamic, entrepreneurial Resident Manager who embodies the spirit of a modern boutique hotel and will lead the hotel operations and team while promoting The Nordic Feeling ethos and vision with passion and integrity.
- The Resident Manager at Nordic Hotel, Abuja, and The Nordic Villa, will lead his/her team by being a personal example in terms of the hours he/she works, the commitment to success, and the consistent quality of his/her efforts.
- Furthermore, he/she sets and reinforces high standards in small ways that quickly develop to success.
A day-in-the-life of a Resident Manager will take many shapes and forms, but here’s an example of how a day could look:
- Morning hours: Morning meeting with the team motivating them to the tasks ahead, tour of premises checking up on breakfast efforts, assisting at the front desk with checkouts, and relating with customer comments, observations, and possible complaints.
- Afternoon hours: Spot checks in cleaned rooms, handling a leaking pipe in a bathroom, adjusting rates on the OTA’s to maximize revenue, training the bar staff on how to mix an old-fashioned, checking in guests, going with the sales team to visit a possible future client.
- The absolute key to the success of the property is our guests’ experience and satisfaction.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction
- Comply with all accounting procedures
- Assist in developing annual budget and capital expenditure plans
- Oversee all accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll, and ordering procedures
- Be the owner of the budget & the P&L
- Review inventory controls and selling strategies daily
- Review 3rd party sites regularly and implement specials as needed according to occupancy, ADR, and RevPAR goals
- Maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients, and the local community
- Be readily available/approachable for all guests and take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns
- Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest service expectations
- Oversee daily activities and be sure the daily routines run smoothly and staff aware of operating standards, procedures, and policies
- Overseeing our breakfast offering and ensuring excellent experience on every plate.
- Work with maintenance personnel to maintain the asset with preventative maintenance plans
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services
- Provide a safe working environment
- Audit to ensure guest rooms, public spaces, grounds, work, and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and general cleaning programs to attain guest satisfaction goals
- Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Lead by example, demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Motivate and encourage associates to solve guest and associate-related concerns.
- Recognize good team performance continuously through reward and recognition programs.
- Meet regularly with department heads on a one-to-one basis.
- Promote empowerment by recognizing team members that make decisions.
- Assist managers in understanding results, developing game plans to attack need areas, and expanding on strengths.
Goal; Increasing overall profitability:
- Work on the development of new F&B concepts.
- Drive food and beverage sales through creative promotions and offerings.
- Making sure we reach a goal of 9.0 across booking platforms and 4.8 on TripAdvisor
- As a Nordic Hotels Nigeria leadership member, you will report to the GM of Nordic Hotel Lagos.
- You will furthermore present achievements at quarterly board meetings along with the GM of Nordic Hotel Lagos
- Hotel Management experience
- Professional troubleshooter who is not afraid of admitting he/she does not know everything
- Excellent knowledge of F&B operations and sales & marketing
- Must have an excellent eye for details
- Preferred experience in Africa and/or the Middle East
What We Offer
- A position for a single applicant – unfortunately, we can not accommodate a family
- An opportunity to lead a newly opened leading boutique hotel in the biggest city in Africa
- Great company culture
- Living on-site
- To live in a modern African cosmopolitan city
- Salary will match the qualifications of the candidate
- 1 flight home yearly
- 30 days paid holiday annually
- Expat insurance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application document to Jonas Schwarz Lausten via: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Resident Manager – Nordic Hotel Abuja and The Nordic Villa” as the subject of the email.
- 1 page (only!) – Motivated Letter explaining why you want to work with us and what you bring to the table
- 1 page (only!) CV
- 1-2 min video presentation of yourself
- Only applications with these three requirements will be considered.
- If you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Please read the job description carefully before continuing with your application. Applicants who do not meet the desired application requirements above will not be considered.
If you think this post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you