Start a new career with Elevance Health while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2023 is open to all qualified candidates.
Elevance Health is a healthcare organization committed to enhancing people’s lives and communities while also streamlining healthcare. We changed our name from Anthem, Inc. to better represent the path the firm is taking as we transformed into a total health organization. Fueled by our bold purpose to improve the health of humanity, we are transforming from a traditional health benefits organization into a lifetime trusted health partner. Our nearly 100,000 associates serve more than 119 million people, at every stage of health. We address a full range of needs with an integrated whole health approach, powered by industry-leading capabilities and a digital platform for health.
Job Title: Referral Specialist
Salary: $34,000 – $45,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
Responsible for providing support to a clinical team in order to facilitate the administrative components of clinical referrals for various AIM services.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates and manages clinical referrals for pre-authorization.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital, health plans, physicians, patients, vendors and other referral sources.
- Reviews referrals for completeness and follows up for additional information if necessary.
- Assigns escalated referrals to staff as appropriate.
- Verifies insurance coverage and completes pre-authorization process for radiology and other imaging exams (CT, MRI, MRA, PET, et.) following established process and procedures.
- Responds to inbound calls initiating exam requests following established processes, meets quality and production standards.
- Contacts physician offices as needed to obtain demographic information or related data.
- Enters referrals, documents communications and actions in system.
- High School diploma or GED; 1-3 years of experience in a high-volume, interactive customer service or call center environment, with working knowledge of medical terminology; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 8am to 4:30pm PST (30 min lunch) Monday – Friday
- Candidates can reside anywhere in the Pacific time zone
- Work from home
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.