African Union (AU) recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This African Union (AU) job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena. Join African Union careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Job Title: Recruitment Officer_ AfCFTA
Requisition ID: 1102
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports to: Principal Recruitment Officer
Directorate/Department: Administration and Human Resources Management
Division: Administration and Human Resources Management
Job Grade: P1
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- To provide general recruitment and onboarding support and ensure implementation of formulated work plans and daily work.
- Assist in the following up on the activities of the division;
- Provide support in implementation of programs, policies and procedures within the division;
- Assist in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use;
- Provide support to senior officers in setting the overall direction of a relevant policy area;
- Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders;
- Assist in engagement with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop relationships as may be delegated;
- Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets;
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
Also see: Wema Bank Plc Job Recruitment (17 Positions) – Nigeria
- Drafts and defines approaches, formulating Standard Operating Procedures, policies, guidelines and tools used in short listing, interviewing and selection of staff
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of related guidelines, HR rules, regulations practices and procedures, and recommend revisions to the Unit where necessary;
- Provides support in the development of the yearly recruitment plan and contribute to the recruitment process;
- Ensures compliance to established recruitment practices and staff regulations and rules at all recruitment processes
- Draft job openings in consultation with hiring managers/HRBP, ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with the approved documents;
- Publishes vacancies on AU website and subscribed social media platforms (LinkedIn, twitter and Facebook)
- Closely monitor vacancy announcements and applications to ensure timely recruitment.
- Assist in coordinating shortlisting and interview activities using the Success Factor for candidate’s list generation and scoring.
- Participate in recruitment activities and provide support to the panel members and candidates as required
- Generates reports on shortlisting and interview exercises from the system.
- Ensures administration of language professional examination and psychometric assessment to candidates;
- Seeks approval for appointments and ensure creation of contracts in SAP system, and prepare job offers to successful candidates;
- Revises all outgoing documents to ensure accuracy,
- Liaises with on-boarding team to initiate on-boarding process for appointed successful candidates.
- Processes upgrading, promotion, transfer and other relevant requests to the Promotion and Mobility Committee until approval.
- Provides support in the process of building awareness amongst, senior management and staff members with regard to CBI, Psychometric Tests, application process; recruitment policy, staff rules and regulations, and related guidelines;
- Provides guidance on interpretation and application of related recruitment policies, regulations and rules.
- Participates in the planning process throughout the recruitment life cycle for determining the staffing requirements and organizational structure and conduct analysis to provide inputs on emerging fixed term capacity gaps in accordance with the mission/clients’ mandate;
- Performs any other HR related duties and assignments as may be assigned.
Also see: Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment (12 Positions) – Nigeria
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, Marketing or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and AU computer software systems
- Proven use of Application Tracking System (ATS) or knowledge of SAP SuccessFactors
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Change Management.
- Managing Risk.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Accountability awareness and Compliance.
- Learning Orientation.
- Communicating with Influence.
- Functional Competencies
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and Information Sharing.
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Focus.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022.
Also see: Dangote Group Massive Job Recruitment (27 Positions) – Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online