Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. See more Danish Refugee Council Job vacancies Here >>
>>See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Thursday 01, June 2023
Danish Refugee Council Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Coordinator
Type of Contract: Expatriate
Duration: 12 months
Line Manager: Head of Programme (HoP)
Reporting to: Head of Programme
Supervised by: Head of Programme
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and its Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding technical unit – the Danish Demining Group (DDG), has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015.
- DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally.
- Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection tvulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Bornand Adamawa states in northeast Nigeria.
Also Apply for Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
The role is dedicated to technical coordination, advisory, fundraising and representing DRC in relevant technical fora and working groups:
- The Protection Coordinator is responsible for formulating technical strategy for DRC Nigeria bringing addressing the root causes of displacement, contributing solutions to displacement and enhancing the protection of hard-to-reach. The Coordinator will provide effective, timely technical advisory tthe implementation team and tthe Country Office Team in line with the technical and country strategy. The role will be responsible for representing DRC in relevant technical fora and working groups on country level and area level, should that be necessary, and supporting the Head of Programme in fundraising efforts for their sector through well-designed strategy, timely updates, advisory and sector engagement.
- The Protection Coordinator is based in Abuja – but expected ttravel frequently tArea Offices and field locations in Bornand Adamawa states and other areas as the geographic presence of DRC Nigeria develops.
The main responsibilities and tasks of the Protection Coordinator:
- Technical Coordination and Advisory
- Provide technical advisory tthe implementation teams and Country Office team on any stage of programme implementation.
- Lead on creation and roll out of the technical strategy with an emphasis on needs of the affected communities, expansion relevant sectors, and programme integration. Support the Head of Programs on creating the Country Strategy.
- Provide technical inputs and review tproposals, reports, assessments and evaluations in line with the technical strategy.
- Provide technical capacity building implementation teams and partners.
- Prepare learning/knowledge products, SoPs and guidelines covering innovative approaches and good practices, tsupport overall Protection sector development and good-practice implementation.
- Initiate and contribute tthe systematic assessment of Protection sector capacity gap analysis, in collaboration with government and other stakeholders, and support the design of initiatives tstrengthen capacities systematically.
- Analyze Nigeria Protection sector challenges, trends, programs and projects, with a focus on Protection outcomes, using frameworks, analysis and tools available in the sector.
- Representation, Fundraising and Advocacy
- Pro-actively lead on DRC’s Protection representation with relevant Sectors (Clusters) and working groups on country level and area level when necessary.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders incl. NGOs, donors and government tpromote DRC’s Protection programme and support sector’s fundraising efforts.
- Actively seek out new viable partnerships for the Protection sector.
- Actively seek out appropriate funding opportunities for the sector in line with the sector strategy.
- Produce materials for Protection advocacy tpromote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund-raising.
- Interact with global and regional initiatives and partnerships for Protection sector.
- In addition tthe above, the Protection Coordinator may be asked tcarry out other duties requested by the Head of Programme – but always in the scope of this job description.
Also Apply for TradeDepot Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the field of protection, at least 3 years of which at a senior technical level.
- Proven experience with proposal and report writing processes.
- Direct experience with drafting and reviewing of technical SoPs and guidelines, technical papers and analysis.
- Proven experience with representation in Clusters, Working groups and other relevant technical bodies.
- Proven experience with impactfully engaging with stakeholders and advocacy initiatives.
- Experience across sectoral areas of responsibility. In-depth experience in case management, PSS, and protection advocacy are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current sectoral best practices and familiarity with humanitarian architecture.
- Full professional proficiency in English with the capacity tproduce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (International Law, International Relations, Political Science, Social Work, Humanitarian Assistance, Sociology, Psychology, or another related field).
- Master’s Degree from an accredited academic institution in relevant field (International Law, International Relations, Political Science, Social Work, Humanitarian Assistance, Sociology, Psychology, or another related field) or equivalent.
- Experience with capacity building for national partners.
- Prior knowledge of Nigeria context.
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality, and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employees should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
- Employees should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
- Employees should not give interviews tthe media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
- Employees shall return all borrowed equipment for the project tDRC after the end of the contract period or upon request.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability twork in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment tteamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Team-oriented & good sense of humor
Salary & Benefits
Non-Management F – Unaccompanied position
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2023 at 11:59 P.M GMT
Also Apply for Beta Cargo Logistics Worldwide Limited Recruitment (2 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online