Start a new career with Jefferson Consulting Group while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
Jefferson Consulting Group was established in 1988 with the aim of serving as a “one stop shop” for establishing beneficial alliances between the federal government and the contractor community. Since we started assisting federal agencies in 1996, we have grown from exclusively dealing with the private sector, with a sustained emphasis on outcomes and efficient government services. Since our first project teaching the National Institutes of Health (NIH) about performance-based procurement, Jefferson has provided a wide range of mission support services to 60+ federal agency customers in close to 50 nations. Jefferson’s unwavering focus is on providing long-lasting quality results and serving as an employer of choice for skilled and devoted individuals as it continues to develop.
Job Title: Project Assistant
Salary: $39k – $56k a year
Location: Work From Home
Also Apply for: Onboarding Coordinator at Vacasa, Remote Jobs $22 – $24 an hour
Full Job Description
Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, minority- and woman-owned small business, seeks a Project Assistant to support its Project Managers in delivering consulting services to the federal government. The Project Assistant will provide research, analysis, and administrative support across multiple projects and domains. The work can be performed virtually.
Abilities and Responsibilities:
- Learn and fully understand Jefferson’s and our clients’ capabilities in order to apply critical thinking to research, analysis, writing, and monitoring tasks.
- Be resourceful when conducting research and analysis to go beyond the surface and anticipate the clients’ information needs.
- Use Excel to create pivot tables and apply formulas to analyze data.
- Attend or remotely monitor federal advisory committee meetings, congressional hearings, trade association meetings, and Agency industry days to capture clients’ interests and prepare relevant summaries. Synthesize key takeaways and pertinent information succinctly and accurately.
- Monitor news articles and media coverage on federal acquisition, human capital and IT programs of interest to current and prospective clients.
- Draft PowerPoint slide presentations.
- Draft sections of reports for studies completed of federal agency business processes.
- Edit and proofread documents, maintain trackers, and other tools in support of projects.
- Serve as a communications hub and coordinate schedules for internal and external meetings.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least one year of experience in a professional office setting.
- At least one year of management consulting experience desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail, high standards of excellence, ability to multi-task, and commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully.
- Desire to learn about and grow in management consulting to the federal government.
- Excellent writing skills, effective verbal communications skills, and demonstrated research skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while also working as a contributing team member.
- Responsive, self-starter who takes initiative and possesses strong organization skills to work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality, good judgment, and flexibility.
Jefferson Solutions is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any additional category protected by law.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.