ActionAid Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
ActionAid Nigeria (AA) is an anti-poverty agency that prioritizes work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organization registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Join our careers team today, and be part of our success story.
ActionAid Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Advisor, Protection
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Responsible to: Project Coordinator
Line Management: N/A
Also Apply for: Coca-Cola Bottling Company Recruitment (11 Positions)
- The post holder will support the Project Coordinator in working with other programme staffs and beneficiaries on the implementation of community protection, community cohesion including accountability to affected population interventions in two project locations of Bade – Yobe and Shani – Borno. The role involves occasional travel to project locations
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities at the field level, including appropriate documentation and management of protection cases (recorded incidents), protection concern and case management forms, IPA, and activity reports
- Follow up on Identified protection risk, through protection monitoring, PSS and case management by ensuring appropriates responses
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, provide technical support, supervision and guidance to the protection team
- Ensure that staff adhere to best-practices, professional standards and principles, and relevant SOPs and guidelines through capacity-building and on-the-job coaching
- Develop comprehensive and tailored capacity building plans for protection staff and implementing partners based on respective needs and ensuring quality services
- Hold monthly meetings with the protection team and with the officers individually to share updates, discuss challenges and successes, provide constructive feedback and discuss opportunities for improvement
Also Apply for: Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Monitor the efficient and accurate update of all relevant protection data, including referral data. Regularly compile relevant program data and make note of trends observed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, implementing partners, community leaders and service providers
- Work closely with AAN local community structures and provide the needed field level support, including capacity-building and trainings
- Remain abreast of SOPs and best practices at the field, on the national and global level
- Identify technical gaps in the program and identify/implement solutions to address these gaps
- Support the participation and reporting to various Humanitarian Sectors as appropriate.
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed by line manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN staff
- External Relationships: Communities and other stakeholders
Education / Qualifications
- At least First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities
- Membership of relevant professional bodies and agencies.
- Minimum of 4 years’ related experience
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
Also Apply for: Nokia Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Related experience working in the North East of Nigeria.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Highly numerate
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Proven strong and charismatic management and leadership skills and experience
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Demonstrable IT skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political, community, and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community
- Appreciation for confidentiality
- A strong commitment to poverty reduction, accountability and good governance works
- A team player
- A strong commitment to human rights and socio- economic justice and proven track record in exercising human rights
- An appreciation of the need for innovative ways of learning and knowledge development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Able to work accurately, with attention to details
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission, values and objectives
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2022.
Also Apply for: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Employment (4 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location (e.g “Programme Advisor, Protection- Maiduguri”) as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.