Metro Africa Xpress recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This Metro Africa Xpress job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
We are a group of enthusiastic individuals and a main innovation empowered organization driven by a dream to tackle the portability challenges in Africa. We need to get individuals and products to their objections sans hitch. It is private as far as we’re concerned on the grounds that we grasp the disappointment of epileptic transportation. We are making versatility protected, reasonable, available, and supportable through the organization of superior execution advances and administrators. Join Metro Africa Xpress careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Metro Africa Xpress Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Supply Chain Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an innovative Procurement & Supply Chain Supervisor who will manage our company’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain.
- You’ll be responsible for strategizing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses here at MAX.
- You will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
- As procurement & supply chain manager, you’ll specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company.
- Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
What You’ll Do
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms without compromising service delivery and quality
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Create and implement an effective procurement standard operating procedure, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment.
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required.
- Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a global context – Previous experience working in high-impact environments is preferred.
- Proven track record of engagement with C-suite stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills; extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Document should be saved using your name and in PDF.
- Ensure the subject is the same as the role.