United Bank for Africa Plc recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This United Bank for Africa Plc job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of is a leading Pan-African financial institutions with a worldwide footprint. Our major aim is to be the number one choice for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders. Our operations spread across 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria, United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. Join United Bank for Africa Plc careers team today, and be part of our success story.
United Bank for Africa Plc Employment is for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Job Objective (s)
- To manage the procurement of the bank items/stocks and ensure quality and prompt delivery of items.
- Ensure all fixed assets and non-fixed asset requests are processed using accredited vendors of the bank.
- Ensure quality and delivery of resources within TAT.
- Ensure all requests are duly approved in line with the empowerment policy of the bank.
- Seek reliable vendors that can provide quality goods and services at reasonable prices.
- Ensure all purchases are within the budget thereby achieving cost savings.
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all the bank’s policies and standards are upheld.
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions.
- Maintain a good working relationship with suppliers and vendors.
- Regular price revalidation and negotiation are carried out to ensure up to date pricing.
- An updated price schedule for various resources bought by the bank is maintained.
- Initiate the payment process after physical confirmation of the delivery of procured resources by vendors.
- Invite internal control to physically inspect procured items that have been delivered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of procurement and stock keeping.
- Must be analytical, pay attention to details, and have good vendor relationship and management skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking Operations, Policies and Procedures
- Expense Empowerment Policy
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Stock keeping techniques
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- IT & Computer Appreciation
- Analytical skill
- Numerical Ability.
What We Expect From You:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values.
- We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online