World Health Organization recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends. Join World Health Organization careers team today, and be part of our success story.
World Health Organization Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Also Apply for: Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment (10 Positions)
Description of Duties
- Under the general supervision of the National Procurement officer and general guidance of the Logistics, Procurement and Travel Officer, the Logistics and Procurement Assistant will assist in coordinating the WHO Operation activities in the Lagos liaison office for effective programmes delivery in the 36 states + FCT for responsive and cost-effective supply chain management, and support the implement the related procurement activities.
The incumbent performs the following functions:
- Assist to coordinate and direct all activities related to the procurement section
- Receives and reviews purchase requests for goods and services from Requestors (in Technical Units) for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtains additional information considered necessary;
- Compiles lists of sources of procurement (supplier database), to request for quotations and proposals for bids.
- Reviews and performs analysis of responses from suppliers as required by WHO rules.
- Compiles and analyzes information contained in quotations or proposals to submit for selection
- Dispatch requests for quotations to vendors and follow up on response.
- Prices Requests for Price Estimate (RPE) when using the Procurement Module of Global Management System;
- Tracks the status of requisitions, POs and contracts and updates procurement orders tracker;
- Responses to Requestors and Suppliers enquiries about status of orders, charges and cancellations;
- Liaise with the receiving unit and coordinate the completion of the supplier performance evaluation and upload in ECM;
- Take minutes of meetings and other secretarial duties as may be required in the unit.
- Ensure the backup of the secretariat of the LPC (Local Procurement Committee)
- Make necessary arrangements for meetings as may be required.
- Maintains records and files for the unit as may be necessary including the management of common shared folders.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Assist to coordinate and direct all activities related to the logistics section
- Assist for the planning and organization of the effective transportation, delivery and storage of national and international operational support and programme supplies in the field and ensure adequate means transportation for the staff and the goods.
- When requested, support the national authorities in organizing national distribution of commodities.
Also Apply for: United Bank for Africa Plc Recruitment (8 Positions)
- Liaise with the shipment officer for timely and efficient custom clearance and reception of international supplies.
- In close collaboration with the Logistics Officer, assist for the organization of field trip to visit state offices and keep track of all action point and unsure the follow up for the implementation.
- Proactively participate in regular field assessments to monitor supply management, stock movements and storage conditions.
- In close collaboration with the Logistics Officer and in compliance with WHO standard, provide support to the fleet management, including planning, maintenance, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide regular reporting to supervisors and colleagues on logistics activities, drawing attention to needs, gaps and problems and proposing solutions.
- Provide support to the state offices space improvement and follow up with the implementation and the rehabilitation projects.
- Maintain the required stockpiles of essential incident management equipment, e.g. personal deployment material, radios, satellite telephones, IT equipment, etc.
- Assist to conduct periodic physical verification as requested of WHO Assets and reconcile them against the Fixed Asset register.
- Prepare discrepancies report for management control and financial decision purposes (items not recorded, not found or disposed off).
- Follow up the transfer of assets from person-to-person or unit-to-unit and ensure that this is reflected in the central fixed assets
- Ensure accuracy of entries by checking information registered in the CSU Fixed Assets Register;
- Support the process of disposal of obsolete assets and ensure that assets are disposed off in the best interest of the Organization and that records are updated in the Fixed Asset Register.
- Facilities maintenance and movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment.
- Prepare monthly inventory report with indicative analysis giving recommendations replenishment/replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment.
- Set up buffer stock and minimum level Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
Also Apply for: First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment (14 Positions)
- Essential: Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent.
- Additional training in business administration and management procedures
- Desirable: Training in Procurement and Supply management in WHO or UN system will be an advantage. Higher education is an asset.
- Essential: At least 10 years’ experience in general Procurement and Supply work. Some experience
Desirable: Experience in of purchasing in an ERP such as Oraclee-business environment will be an asset;
- Import and Export Business such as customs clearing and forwarding; other areas such as Administration,Program Management, would be an asset.
Skills & Use of Language Skills:
- Ability to identify various categories of supplies andequipment to facilitate procurement.
- Ability to acquire (and apply) a sound knowledge of policies, practices and procedures connected with assigned duties;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to use systems pertaining to the treatment and processing of procurement such as the WHO Global Management System (GSM).
- Ability to use standard Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Use of Language Skill:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environmen.
Also Apply for: Whitefield Hotels Limited Recruitment (7 Positions)
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 13,568,607 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
10:59 PM: 13th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Also Apply for: Jiji Cars Recruitment (3 Positions)
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.