Start a new career with Morning Consult while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
Morning Consult is a global provider of decision intelligence transforming how contemporary leaders make better, quicker decisions. The business uses artificial intelligence (AI) in combination with its own high-frequency data to better understand how people think and behave.
Job Title: Politics Editor
Salary: $89k – $110k a year
Location: Work From Home
Also Apply for: Payroll Specialist at GoGlobal, Remote Jobs $48k – $69k a year
Full Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Edit daily email briefings on U.S. politics and geopolitics
- Assign, edit and write stories about emerging U.S. and global trends using Morning Consult’s proprietary survey research that helps professionals make better, faster, more effective business decisions
- Assist the senior editor in managing a global geopolitics reporter and a domestic U.S. politics reporter
- Assist the senior editor in overseeing the production of compelling data analyses and visualizations using Morning Consult’s proprietary survey research
- Stay up to date on domestic and geopolitical trends and their effect on political and business strategy
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Contribute to other division-specific strategic projects as necessary
- Perform such other tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time at the Company’s discretion
- 5+ years of experience working in or covering U.S. or international relations, global politics, international relations and/or multinational corporations
- Experience working with survey research/polling data
- Deep understanding of geopolitics, the key players and the trends and information that matter most to improving political and/or business strategies
- Experience analyzing geopolitical trends and data and can succinctly synthesize why it matters to government and corporate professionals
- Excellent editing and writing ability
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills and a willingness to learn advanced technical tools
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.