U.S. Embassy Nigeria recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open for interested candidates. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
U.S. Mission to Nigeria consist of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Join U.S Embassy Nigeria careers team today, and be part of our success story.
U.S Embassy Nigeria Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physician
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-089RA-2
Series/Grade: LE – 0505 12
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Promotion Potential: LE-12
Work Schedule: Part-time – 20 hours per week
Telework Eligible: No
Also Apply for: Airtel Nigeria Recruitment (9 Positions)
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 03. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Part Time (20 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: Not Required
Also Apply for: United Bank for Africa Plc Recruitment (8 Positions)
- The incumbent provide primary urgent and emergency outpatient medical care services to all eligible American employees and their family members. Additionally, the incumbent will provide emergency and occupational health services to all employees of the Mission.
- Services will be provided through direct patient evaluation, examination, and treatment.
- The LE Staff physician is responsible for determining when hospitalization/medical evacuation is required and arranging all appropriate aspects of the patient’s care.
- The LE Staff physician will participate in after-hours call responsibilities with other health unit team members.
- The job holder has significant impact on the entire embassy customer base in a variety of levels and fashions, including decisions on employees’ abilities to work, continued ability to be posted in their overseas assignment based on medical conditions that require ongoing management, and Medevac decisions and implications.
- The Front Office and Management Officer will look to this position to play a vital role in creating a healthier workplace, writing policies and providing advice on how to improve the health condition and awareness of the entire mission.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Medical Degree from an accredited Medical School and completion of appropriate post-graduate internship/residency/or fellowship is required. Must possess and maintains a current valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine within Nigeria, country of citizenship, or the U.S.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience post-graduate training in primary care (Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine) with at least 50% of the provider’s time involved with direct patient care during that time is required.
- Applicant must be a skilled and experienced physician who recognizes and understands the problems of delivering healthcare to a large and diverse group of personnel and their family members and be able to adjust his/her response and actions to varying medical and social situations.
- Expert knowledge in technical medical terminologies is required
Also Apply for: First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment (14 Positions)
- This may be tested. Applicant MUST address ALL language proficiency requirement to be considered.
- Fluency in reading/writing/speaking of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform common office-based surgical procedures, primary care procedures, and have emergency response skills such as intubation of patients, IV insertion, ability to perform CPR, etc.
- Must be comfortable caring for patients of all ages.
- Position shall work with standard medical equipment and is expected to know how to operate basic laboratory equipment.
- Must be proficient in use of computer including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet functions including medical literature searches and use of common computer-based applications/programs is required.
- Must be sensitive to needs and feelings of the patients and be approachable and personable in order to obtain and maintain the trust and confidence of employees and dependents.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Also Apply for: Havana Specialist Hospital Recruitment (3 Positions)
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Salary & Other Benefits
- USD $74,122 – USD $108,851 (NGN17,733,456 – NGN26,496,574) Annually.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Also Apply for: WTS Energy Recruitment (4 Positions)
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
- If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption document
- Medical License
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Also Apply for: Lumos Nigeria Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.