Start a new career with Young Life while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
Position: Payroll Technician I
Salary: $15 – $18 an hour
Location: Work From Home
This part-time position is responsible for performing the data entry duties related to payroll as well as acting as backup to the Payroll Technician II.
Also Apply for: Data Analyst at Best Egg, Remote Job $80,000 – $140,000/yr
- Represent Human Resources (HR) commitment to serve others with integrity and compassion, execute with excellence, and create solutions through collaborative efforts with the department and across departmental lines.
- Enter payroll data and review payroll transactions for completeness and accuracy.
- Process payroll transactions for all Young Life staff.
- Pay US payroll taxes and file associated reports, and pay/file taxes and reports for Germany and UK taxes.
- Independently process all payrolls, including understanding all applicable Lawson reports and screens and how they affect the Payroll process.
- Process garnishments.
- Create and maintain superior customer relations within Young Life, both verbally and written.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Scan and index Payroll documents in Liberty.
- Assist in the reconciliation, balancing, and adjusting of payroll general ledger accounts and journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of W2s and annual tax reconciliations.
- Prepare and submit unemployment reporting, including worksite reports for Oregon and New York.
- Trouble-shoot problems on an individual basis involving YL reports and Payroll processes.
- Phone coverage M-F 8-5 pm, assisting with questions from Field staff, other departments, or outside agencies.
- Office environment.
- Due to strict adherence to payroll schedules/dates, there will be limited time off around major holidays, such as Christmas and New Year’s.
Pay Rate: $15 – $18 per hour (depending on experience)
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
Experience Desired for The Job:
- Previous payroll experience with experience in processing multi-state payroll desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of accounting software packages.
- General knowledge of business mathematics.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving abilities.
- Specialized application and knowledge of standard payroll concepts.
- Data input skills required for the processing and preparation of payroll.
- Ability to work effectively in a small group.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado but open to remote work within the U.S.
Also Apply for: Customer Service Representative at Granicus, Remote Job – $18/hr
Note: This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.