Apply for the ongoing Palladium Group Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Palladium Group job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Job Title: Cultural Competency Manager, Pacific Labour Facility
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Experience: Mid Career / Advanced
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers under the newly introduced Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme which combines the existing Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP).
Also see: South Pole Job Recruitment – Australia
The Cultural Competency Manager will facilitate the PLF’s efforts to support improved cross-cultural communication and understanding between PALM scheme stakeholders. The manager will operationalise the PALM scheme Cross Cultural Framework through the design and delivery of training and learning resources targeting a range of stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a suite of Cultural Competency training packages including areas such as Indigenous, gender, age, disability, ethnicity and more
- Delivery or facilitation of training sessions
- Work with other teams to develop and optimise online training modules
- Provide advice on cross-cultural communication
- Review communication and media content as appropriate and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Participate in forums and engagement with key stakeholders on emerging challenges and opportunities in relation to cultural competencies
- Assist with monitoring the effectiveness of the Cultural Competencies framework and associated implementation activities
- Manage high quality reporting to key stakeholders
- Significant relevant work experience in community development and stakeholder engagement
- Experience developing tools for cross-cultural communication and understanding
- Demonstrated high level relationship skills with a wide range of stakeholders with diverse interests and expectations
- Sound understanding of and ability to work with Pacific, Timorese, Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians cultures
- Knowledge of and relationships with Pacific diaspora communities in Australia would be desirable
- Experience working with Pacific and Australian Government agencies and ability to establish working relationship with government, industry, donor and community stakeholders
- Driver’s licence and willingness to drive to regional locations as well as flexibility to undertake frequent travel, including after hours and weekends
- Flexible working arrangements – work from home 2 days per week
- Modern office in central CBD location
- Great team culture with social activities and events
- Working for a program that is making positive impact
Applications close on 25 May 2022 and will be assessed on a rolling basis.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract to 30 June 2023. This is a Brisbane based role with options for flexible working. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense.
You must have valid Australian work rights to be considered for this position – visa sponsorship is not available.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you