Eye Foundation Hospital Group recruitment & employment portal 2022 is now open. Interested candidates should submit their CV via the email address below. This job vacancy is open to all qualified candidates.
Eye Foundation Hospital Group (Operated by Summit Healthcare Hospital Ltd) is a leading optical hospital popularly known for delivering excellent and quality eye care in Nigeria. We have built a network which promotes greater integration of eye care services across the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of care. This ensures an interrupted level of access to quality care for all. We are a one-stop-shop for eye care with our range of comprehensive services of international standards offered by well trained professionals with state-of-the-art equipment and environment. Our commitment to clinical expertise, excellence, quality care and technological innovation has led to the hospital being a recipient of the Nigerian Healthcare Excellence Award for Ophthalmology Services Provider of the year in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2021. Eye Foundation Hospital delivers care in the public and private sectors, and contributes to improving eye care in Nigeria and Africa through its training programme for eye care practitioners through the Kunle Hassan Eye Foundation Academy (KHEFA) and various initiatives of our social enterprise, Eye Foundation Community Hospital. Join Eye Foundation Hospital Group careers team today, and be part of our success story.
Eye Foundation Hospital Group Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Location: Agege, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: Medical Director
- The Optometrists will be responsible for examining, diagnosing, treating, and managing disorders of the visual system, eye diseases, and injuries.
- You will prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses as needed, diagnose problems or impairments and provide treatment.
- The Optometrist will interact with patient and staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong decision making ability and attention to detail are important in this position.
Also Apply for: Dangote Group Employment (13 Position)
Your duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses
- Examine patients’ eyes courteously using observation, instruments, equipment and pharmaceutical agents.
- In charge of the day to day running of the optical department, keeping and providing record of activities.
- Administering, organizing and planning the development of the practice.
- Communicating with patients to get detailed case histories
- Examining the eyes of patients of all ages to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects.
- Being aware of signs and symptoms of general health conditions (e.g. hypertension, asthma, ulcer, diabetes e.t.c).
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists if eye problems are beyond scope of practice.
- Offering advice to patients and reassuring them about vision-related matters.
- Offering help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses.
- Liaising with other medical practitioners and sometimes sharing the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- Meeting sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
- Undertaking continuing education and training (CET).
- Managing staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff, and training junior staff.
- Managing the retail aspects of spectacles, contact lenses and other vision care products.
- Participate in outreaches.
- Ensure that all consumables needed are available and on time.
- Work with other team members to coordinate the camp/hospital
- Generate various reports.
- Drive business growth in your unit.
- Ensure all equipment’s are well used and maintained.
- Provide innovation solutions.
- Advising the management on new development in the eye care industry.
- You will be required to work at our other branches from time to time.
- You shall report to the Lead Optometrist or other assigned superior on daily basis, and carry out assignments given that will uphold the values of the department.
- All other duties assigned by the Lead Optometrist and SHL Management.
Also Apply for: Costarchem Nigeria Limited Employment (6 Positions)
- Must have a valid practicing License
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Optometry is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Good decision making.
- Team Building.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Planning and Coordination.
- Marketing skills is key for the role.
- Time Management.
- Spectacle skills
- Must be able to refract.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2022.
Also Apply for: British Council Recruitment (2 Positions)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.