Start a new career with Holland America Line while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2023 is open to all qualified candidates.
At Holland America Line, we believe travel has the power to change the world. We consider it our higher purpose to help make the world a better place through opening minds, building connections, and inspiring a shared humanity. For 150 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising. If you are looking for some of the most spacious and comfortable ships at sea, award-winning service, exquisite dining, extensive activities and enrichment programs and compelling worldwide itineraries, you’ve come to the right place.
Job Title: Onboard Experience Support Specialist
Salary: $33,100 – $44,700 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
We’re looking for an amazing Onboard Experience Support Specialist to fill this role. You’ll be responsible for providing elevated support to our onboard Guest Experience teams before, during and after the cruise. This position is heavily focused on supporting the onboard resolution of any issues or concerns raised by our guests, ranging from highly escalated issues and complex decision consultation to transactional administrative tasks. This requires outside of the box thinking, sound judgement and the ability to find creative solutions. In addition, the Specialist will also support any issues that require post-cruise follow-up by the ship via coordinated handoff and addressing any contacts received directly from guests or travel partners following the completion of the cruise. They will identify and share opportunities with leadership to foster the continuous improvement of our brand. The Specialist will do whatever is necessary to support our onboard teams in the delivery of an exceptional guest experience.
- Provides elevated support to our shipboard staff before, during and after the cruise. Assists with handling sensitive and highly escalated situations as they require support. Actively listens to create understanding, researches using a variety of available tools and techniques, and then partners with the shipboard team on the appropriate course of action for the situation. Responds to inquiries and assists with requests for administrative support. Uses empowerment and judgement to drive timely and effective resolutions, up to the full value of the booking where deemed necessary.
- Liaises with appropriate business units to ensure all relevant information has been processed as needed. Actively communicates and partners with shipboard teams at all phases to ensure alignment. Interfaces with the Accessible Experience team on issues requiring ADA expertise to drive resolution.
- Research guest and travel professional letters, e-mail, and phone calls regarding inquiries, complaints, and praises and communicate internally with the appropriate company personnel to resolve the issues.
- Manages customer interactions by utilizing the Siebel system. Creates Service Requests (SRs), Activities, and monitors files to ensure that no issue is left unresolved.
- Follows up with guests to communicate the resolution of identified concerns and ensures their satisfaction with the handling of their expressed concern. Composes, edit, and prepares follow-up letters and emails for guests.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes and our overall guest experience. Researches inquiries not addressed in applicable systems and ensures findings are communicated and documented appropriately.
- Provides support to onboard teams during shipboard incidents, including elevated communication, the processing of cruise fare refunds, and handling of out-of-pocket expenses.
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Please note that this position can be 100% remote, US only
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of hospitality or customer service experience, including two years handling escalated issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written) with guests, travel agents, employees, other departments, and management.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to empathize and connect with customers.
- Ability to assess situations and determine the best course of action within scope of role
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in relevant systems to access and update guest information.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Princess is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time (e.g., H-1B status).
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Salary Range: $33,100.00 to $44,700.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates’ qualifications and experience uniquely.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.