>>Click Here To See TOP COMPANIES RECRUITING IN NIGERIA TODAY, Sunday 05, February 2023
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is one of the world’s leading energy companies. Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. Shell Petroleum Development Company has a history of over 50 years in Nigeria and the largest footprint of all the international oil and gas companies operating in the country. Shell Petroleum Development Company has been active in Nigeria since 1937. Shell companies and investments have played a pioneering role in onshore, shallow and deep water oil exploration and production. Shell has also been at the forefront of gas development, producing and delivering gas to domestic consumers and export markets for over 40 years. See more Shell Petroleum Development Company Job vacancies Here >>
Shell Petroleum Development Company Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offshore IT Support Engineer
Reference ID: R101550
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
Also Apply for: Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment
Where you Fit In:
- As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the energy industry in the coming decades is considerable. IT specialists are vital to how we leverage and deliver global digital solutions.
- You’re going to be a key part of the Shell Nigeria Service & Operations Management (SOM) team. This team delivers secure, reliable, and affordable end to end IT operations to the Upstream, Integrated Gas, New Energies and Projects & Technology business.
- As IT professionals with a business lens our focus is to unlock value and accelerate Shell’s journey in energy transition.
- One Team mindset is a key part our culture. Our specific objective is to directly provide Information Technology services and infrastructure that enable achievement of Business Objectives and goals.
What’s the role?
- The Offshore Support Engineer enables reliable and secure IT Operations in the Shell Nigeria IT space, by primarily supporting critical field telecoms services either Onshore or Offshore.
- The position provides services to meet the financial and operating performance targets of IT operations within the Nigeria Telecoms Operations Landscape (and associated support roles for PCD (Process Control Demand) and/or End User Computing Operations services).
- Collaborates effectively with designated Lead (either Onshore Field Telecoms or offshore IT Support) and 3rd party vendors to ensure end-2-end delivery of Telecoms/IT services to support the actualization of the business’ plan.
Also Apply for: Qatar Airways Recruitment
What we need from you?
- Minimum Education or Certification: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Communications Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in IT service delivery and support, especially in Offshore IT Support.
- Knowledge of Security and Safety Critical equipment essential for SOLAS (Safety of life at Sea).
- Knowledge of Offshore communication technologies and equipment.
- Experience in Telemetry and Navigational systems.
- Very good knowledge of microwave and mobile (preferably Motorola) radio systems.
- Working knowledge of close circuit Television (CCTV) and Public Address and General Alarm (PAGA) systems, Intrusion detection systems.
- Background in computer and telecoms industry is ideal.
- Proven record of delivering against stretched targets.
- Demonstrable ability to engage effectively with all levels in Business & IT
- Ability to work in offshore (Deep and Shallow water) and onshore environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Application Closing Date
Also Apply for Lily Hospitals Limited Job Recruitment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online