Apply for the ongoing NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
NHK, Nippon Hoso Kyokai (Japan Broadcasting Corporation), is Japan’s only public broadcaster.
As a public broadcaster funded by fees received from TV viewers, NHK delivers a wide range of impartial, high-quality programs, both at home and abroad.
NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) currently has an opening in its Washington DC bureau for the Associate Producer position. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for the US and international news and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This producer is a team player who works closely with a correspondent to cover news coming out of the Pentagon, State Department, White House, Treasury Department, or Congress.
This entry-level position is a fantastic opportunity for those who are early in their careers and willing to learn on the job.
- Monitor breaking US/international news
- Attend press briefings and develop relationships with administration officials and press officers
- Research for feature news stories and set up interviews with key profiles and experts
- Cover 2022 midterm elections and 2024 presidential elections
- Arrange all logistics of crew members for domestic and overseas trips
- Work a variety of shifts including nights and weekends when needed
- Interested in US and world news
- Proactive and eager to dive in to new situations
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to address problems and think on your feet
- Prepared to work nights and weekends as needed
- Have a driver’s license or willing to get one
- Keen to bridge the different cultures between America and Japan
- Some experience in a newsroom is a plus but not required
**Please send your resume and cover letter. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 13, 2022.
To apply please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NHK is the public broadcaster of Japan and one of the largest networks in Asia with over 100 million viewers worldwide, including in the US via NHK World.