World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. See more World Health Organization Job vacancies Here >>
World Health Organization Recruitment is to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Ref No: 2304728
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 Months
Purpose of the Position
- In the context of the WHO Health Emergencies incident management system, the incumbent will systematically track the evolution of the incident, as well as the response, within the defined strategy.
- This involves defining the indicators and source(s) of information, gathering and interpretation of related data to ensure that the response is on track, analyse implementation gaps and recommend solutions, advocate the application of the results chain and promotion of best practices.
Also Apply for PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (8 Positions)
Objectives of the Programme and of the immediate Strategic Objective
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
- Reporting to the Information Management Team Lead, under the overall guidance of the Incident Manager and the Head, WHO Country Office (WCO), and working closely with counterparts at the respective regional office and HQ, the incumbent will act as the focal point for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for the incident.
- S/he will have the frontline responsibility for promoting effective M&E strategy throughout the full cycle of the incident management.
- This involves ongoing contacts with the relevant stakeholders including UN agencies, nongovernmental organizations, other WHO teams, field offices and health cluster partners.
Summary of Assigned Duties
Under the overall guidance of project management officer and with a view to achieve the expected results set, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities in his/her assigned area of work:
- Collect, store and manage program data, reports and documents from program units
- Develop and manage a central repository of program data, reports and documents
- Develop program monitoring indicators
- Support the program team to improve tools for data collection, compilation and analysis
- Provide assistance to SMOH in data management as necessary
- Manage data from health sector partners on emergency response
- Compile data and report for weekly management updates
- Provide training on data management
- Conduct supervision of data management at production and other levels with focus on recording and reporting.
- Monitor data from various sources to triangulation
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Participate in planning, review meetings, and monitoring and evaluation activities
- Coordinate with relevant data managers and monitoring and evaluation officers of WHO for sharing of data.
- Monitor the performance of hard-to-reach mobile team and CORPs performance.
Also Apply for 9mobile Nigeria Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
- First University Degree in Statistics, Public Health or Social Science
- Master’s University Degree in Statistics or Public Health or Social Science
- Minimum of 2 years experience in health data management, health program monitoring and evaluation
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies in health data management, health program monitoring and evaluation
Use of Language Skills:
- Expert knowledge of English Language.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional experience with demonstrated skills in Developing and implementing M&E systems (including database design).
- Collecting data, Remote monitoring, Data analysis
- Good skill of MS Excel, Access, EPI Info, GIS, DHIS2
- Good skills on mobile data collection technology and practice
- Good skills on data validation techniques.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of online data collection applications, statistical analysis packages (Stata, SPSS, etc).Working knowledge of GIS mapping software (or similar) would be an asset.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Promoting innovation and organizational learning
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2023 (10:59:00 PM).
Also Apply for Nestle Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment (2 Positions)
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Notye: The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.