Apply for the ongoing MetLife Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This MetLife job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
We are a company driven by a solid set of principles (see below) and purposes such as diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our working culture provides flexibility and naturally a ‘hybrid’ working model as standard. We are part of the Women in Finance Charter, an initiative set up by the UK’s HM Treasury. We want to benefit from the many positives that come by having a more diverse working culture throughout all levels of seniority and lines of business. Our workforce enjoys excellent benefits, including private healthcare, a brilliant pension, and a host of other benefits to ensure you and yours are kept safe and protected.
Location: London, United Kingdom
MetLife Success Principles
- Build Tomorrow – We change and innovate for sustained performance
- Win Together – We collaborate and empower each other to succeed
- Own It – We deliver for our customers
Adding “2021 Best Place to Work in Money Management” by Pensions & Investments among the many reasons to secure a career at MetLife! We offer a superior working culture to develop professionally and personally in. Offering you a great work/life balance, you will learn from colleagues held in high regard throughout the sector.
Role Value Proposition
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $650 billion of combined managed assets as of end-2021 and more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience across public and private fixed income asset classes.
MIM is seeking to recruit an experienced credit analyst with a background in sovereign credit analysis to cover a range of sovereign and government-related names across the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
The successful candidate will be based in London as part the EMEA public fixed income research group and become a core member of MIM’s global sovereign research team, which has analysts located in London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Santiago. They will have the opportunity to work with senior members of MIM’s global research team, multiple portfolio and asset management groups and the US-based global market strategy/macroeconomics team. Reporting to the regional sovereign team lead, the candidate will work particularly closely with MetLife’s EMEA Affiliated Insurance Companies (“AICs”) and trading desk in London, and the US-based Emerging Markets portfolio management group.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to develop fundamental credit and investment management skills through active participation in relative value discussions, providing risk assessments and trade recommendations to portfolio managers, interaction with senior leaders across asset classes and supporting the ongoing management and growth of MIM’s asset base.
- Conducting fundamental credit research on and continuous monitoring of a range of sovereign and government-related names across the EMEA region
- Providing views on key macroeconomic risks and the economic/policy outlook for countries under coverage
- Providing relative value analysis and trade recommendations to portfolio managers
- Undertaking credit rating and ESG assessments
- Interacting with issuers (roadshows, country visits etc.), sell-side and rating agency analysts
- Supporting the ongoing management and growth of MIM’s asset base through the provision of country risk briefings to other MIM asset class groups, active participation in portfolio review meetings, and interaction with existing and prospective MIM clients
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in economics or a closely related subject
- At least 5 years of experience in a sovereign credit or macroeconomic research function, preferably with a focus on the EMEA region and with previous lead analyst experience
- Working understanding of fixed income markets
- Excellent communication, quantitative and analytic skills (including Excel, Bloomberg etc.)
- Ability to manage a diverse portfolio of credits and support multiple stakeholders
- Strong teamwork-driven attitude, with an ability to also work well independently
- Post-graduate degree in economics, international relations or a related field
- Strong knowledge of fixed income credit markets with experience of providing trade recommendations
- Proficiency in a second (non-English) main regional language is an advantage but not essential
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you