Apply for the ongoing Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
MEDA – Mennonite Economic Development Associates – is an international economic development organization that creates business solutions to poverty. For nearly 70 years, MEDA has been creating business solutions to poverty that are sustainable, scalable, measurable and replicable.
MEDA began as an association of Mennonite business people who believed they were called to be faithful in generously sharing their abilities and resources. Continuing in that Christian tradition, MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission.
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Experience: Mid Career
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for Senior Manager, Finance to join our dedicated and talented Finance team in our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Sr. Manager, Finance provides oversight and financial management for field operations. The role requires timely, accurate financial reporting to a variety of stakeholders. The position helps to ensure the overall success of MEDA’s finance, accounting and compliance functions. This position involves regular travel, 40-65 days per year, to developing countries.
- Job Status: Full Time
- Start Date: August 2022
- Location: Waterloo, Ontario (Hybrid work arrangement available)
Completing donor financial reporting and forecasting for projects worldwide
- Establish and monitor accounting systems for MEDA field programs and provide training to field staff. Accounting systems may include: Sage 300.
- Facilitate variance analysis between budgeted costs and actual costs
- Provide budgeting assistance and other expertise to Project Managers to inform financial decision making
- Prepare financial reports for donors which are accurate and compliant with contract terms o Review financial claims from partner agencies for compliance
Also see: ONE Campaign Job Recruitment – Canada
Financial management responsibilities for field programs
- Train field office staff in accounting software systems and financial processes.
- Review monthly financial statement packages and supporting schedules from field offices, ensuring accuracy.
- Prepare journal entries required to reconcile field program advances, deferred revenue and expenses to MEDA general ledger
- Ensure field finance policies include are reviewed annually and controls are in place to effectively in manage risk
Provide support for year-end, donor, and internal audits
- Ensure all timelines are met
- Ensure internal control weaknesses are rectified and implemented in a timely fashion
Provide legal and compliance oversight
- Review contracts and sub-award contracts in accordance with MEDA policies and procedures
- Maintain a database of MEDA legal registration information, updated at least annually
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: University degree in finance, accounting or related field and Chartered Professional Accountant designation
Experience: Minimum of five year’s accounting experience in related field
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Experience in financial management of government awards (GAC, USAID, other)
- Team player with excellent skills in building and maintaining relationships, networking, verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of Sage 300 is considered an asset
- Ability and willingness for regular international travel (up to 40-65 days annually)
- Experience in preparing financial, budget and analytical reports for communication to a variety of audiences
- Superior organizational skills and proficiency in managing competing priorities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 8, 2022 @ 4:00 pm EDT
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you